Honored Contributor

Anyone have the food processor attachment for your KA stand mixer?

I'm curious about this attachment; does it work as well as a "regular" stand alone food processor? Thinking this might free up some space in my cabinet, as I don't pull that big processor out very often, but when I want to use it, I like having it. Your thoughts? TIA

"To each their own, in all things".
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone have the food processor attachment for your KA stand mixer?

I would worry about the weight being on the front of the mixer, pushing down the food , would it strain to much?{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Honored Contributor

You mean the slicer shredder? I had it years ago. It worked fine. The one benefit of these no bowl shredders is that you aren't limited in capacity. You can just keep shredding or slicing as long as you have room.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

KSM1FPA is the item number on Kitchen Aid's website. Attachment fits any KA Stand Mixer. $180, no reviews yet. Just wondering about this before I tell hubby I want it for my Christmas gift this year. (I got to tell him something, don't I? lol)

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

I'll have to watch the videos, but it probably would work. I know I have an older slicer shredder that I much prefer over the round one. Mine looks like this and the shoot faces down and the hopper sideways.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

Well it does look handy, but I wouldn't call it a food processor, more like a shredder/slicer. It would be nicer than the round one for sure.

The juicer attachment looked pretty cool, if I didn't have one I'd consider that even tho it's pretty expensive.

Maybe a smaller food processor?

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Oh I see they changed it, or created a new one. I wouldn't pay 180 bucks for that. I already have a full size FP, well and I no longer use a KA mixer anyway.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval