Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have an electric kettle?

So we all took time to respond and we get nothing about what she bought?  So there you have it! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner   I'm sorry to disappoint you. I did post what I bought but for some reason it didn't "stick." I ended up buying:

Secura Double Wall Stainless Steel Electric Kettle Water Heater for Tea Coffee w/Auto Shut-Off and Boil-Dry Protection, 1.5L/1.6Qt. Model K15-F1E.

Secura Double Wall Stainless Steel Electric Kettle Water Heater for Tea Coffee w/Auto Shut-Off and Boil-Dry Protection, 1.5L/1.6Qt

Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs Congratulations!  Looks like a beautiful kettle and an excellent choice!  I think you'll love it.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have gone through several of them and this one is my  favorite....I have had it for over a year with no issues Smiley Happy

Mueller Premium 1500W Electric Kettle with SpeedBoil Tech, 1.8 Liter Cordless with LED Light, Borosilicate Glass, BPA-Free with Auto Shut-Off and Boil-Dry Protection

41K9lnOjafL._AC_US40.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

@Sooner   I'm sorry to disappoint you. I did post what I bought but for some reason it didn't "stick." I ended up buying:

Secura Double Wall Stainless Steel Electric Kettle Water Heater for Tea Coffee w/Auto Shut-Off and Boil-Dry Protection, 1.5L/1.6Qt. Model K15-F1E.

Have you had this long enough to know if you like it?  How long does it keep the water hot enough for tea?  Also, where did you buy it?

TIA.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DottieBlue   I really like the kettle I purchased. I bought it from Amazon. Due to its double-walled stainless construction, it keeps water warm for quite awhile. I'm not a tea drinker so I can't specifically speak to its use for that. My kettle doesn't have a stay warm feature but the stainless steel holds heat. I really like the wide opening and the stainless interior -- even the lid's interior is stainless. The only plastic part is the little lid hinge and that doesn't touch the water. I'm very pleased. It looks nice and is quiet, too!

Secura Double Wall Stainless Steel Electric Kettle Water Heater for Tea Coffee w/Auto Shut-Off and Boil-Dry Protection, 1.5L/1.6Qt

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue 

I have a Secura model. I posted a pic in this thread. I'm not sure if it's the model to which you are referring, but i can say that I love mine.  It heats quickly and the water stays hot enough for tea for about an hour. It's noisy while it's heating, but that only takes about 3 minutes, so it's not a bother to me.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

@LonestarBabsand @house_cat :

Thank you for your replies.

Super Contributor

Don't have one, but liked the Curtis Stone electric kettle I saw on HSN today.

Valued Contributor

@Razzy 7 wrote:

Don't have one, but liked the Curtis Stone electric kettle I saw on HSN today.

I have been wanting a new electric kettle. Watching the one Curtis Stone had made me want one more for cooking as well as tea and oatmeal. Didn't move on his fast enough and it sold out, so went to Target and came out with a smaller SS Chantal with a keep warm feature.