Esteemed Contributor

Anyone have an LG Electric Double Oven Range (with fan)?

LG Electric Double Oven Range (with fan/convection option)

Model LDE3037

We purchased one of these LGs when we moved into our townhouse a year and a half ago and really like it, except for one feature.

I'd like to hear from others who own this model or have like racks.

It's the darn oven racks.  Instead of having standard straight front edge racks, all of the oven racks in both ovens have two up-turned "handles," one on the right and one on the left side of each rack.  These puppies interfere whenever I place anything larger than a souffle dish onto one of the racks.  While placing a pan with a hot water bath and rice custard into the oven last week, per usual, the right end of the pan just touched the handle on the right and water spewed out all over everything and me.

Really, really not pleased with the design of the front edge of these racks. 

Anyone else with similar issues?

Thanks for your feedback.

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone have an LG Electric Double Oven Range (with fan)?

Hi sfnative! While I'm thinking about it, please revisit the "Beets"topic : I am determined to come up with a brownie recipe for you-but I have questions for you!

I have a two year old LG that I bought on an emergency basis for our weekend place. We bought it with the intention of moving it to a summer kitchen- which may not happen now because of Code.

My biggest beef is the oven is not well insulated: here in Florida, we feel it when we have had to do a deep cleaning cycle-and that will never happen again! I have learned to take advantage of the short cycle!

I want to look at the racks you have....the only solution I can think of is to call LG and see if they have conventional racks. I don't have the handles, but that would annoy me to no end.

If LG does not have standard racks, knowing the width and depth, I would look at appliance parts store-try one rack, and if it fits, there you go.

....and yes, they are expensive, but it sounds like yours is a safety hazard!

I hope to see you back on the Beets thread...adventures in baking!

By the way, I got some green banana flour: so far, I have used it in raw form. This morning I am trying it out in my low-carb mug cake to see how it reacts with heat and my glucose meter.

My question is, it's a resistant starch in raw form-just as potato starch is. That is great for those of us with glycemic issues....but cooked potato starch changes the absorption: that's my question!

Have a beautiful day,

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

LG Electric Double Oven Range (with fan/convection option)

Model LDE3037

We purchased one of these LGs when we moved into our townhouse a year and a half ago and really like it, except for one feature.

I'd like to hear from others who own this model or have like racks.

It's the darn oven racks.  Instead of having standard straight front edge racks, all of the oven racks in both ovens have two up-turned "handles," one on the right and one on the left side of each rack.  These puppies interfere whenever I place anything larger than a souffle dish onto one of the racks.  While placing a pan with a hot water bath and rice custard into the oven last week, per usual, the right end of the pan just touched the handle on the right and water spewed out all over everything and me.

Really, really not pleased with the design of the front edge of these racks. 

Anyone else with similar issues?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a GE Profile double oven and mine have the same turned up handles.  I thought it did but had to look to make sure. 

I have never had a problem with the handles.  Maybe it's what I cook in there or the pans I use?  Not sure.  I'm not sure why they make them like that though.

Sorry I am of no help.

Esteemed Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Hi sfnative! While I'm thinking about it, please revisit the "Beets"topic : I am determined to come up with a brownie recipe for you-but I have questions for you!

I have a two year old LG that I bought on an emergency basis for our weekend place. We bought it with the intention of moving it to a summer kitchen- which may not happen now because of Code.

My biggest beef is the oven is not well insulated: here in Florida, we feel it when we have had to do a deep cleaning cycle-and that will never happen again! I have learned to take advantage of the short cycle!

I want to look at the racks you have....the only solution I can think of is to call LG and see if they have conventional racks. I don't have the handles, but that would annoy me to no end.

If LG does not have standard racks, knowing the width and depth, I would look at appliance parts store-try one rack, and if it fits, there you go.

....and yes, they are expensive, but it sounds like yours is a safety hazard!

I hope to see you back on the Beets thread...adventures in baking!

By the way, I got some green banana flour: so far, I have used it in raw form. This morning I am trying it out in my low-carb mug cake to see how it reacts with heat and my glucose meter.

My question is, it's a resistant starch in raw form-just as potato starch is. That is great for those of us with glycemic issues....but cooked potato starch changes the absorption: that's my question!

Have a beautiful day,

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2

It's been a busy day, so I'm just returning to this topic.  Have my list of Easter in the kitchen things to do, which is lengthy, so am taking it a day at a time.  Also am coming down with something.  Have that half of a sore throat, so am weary of what I'll wake up with tomorrow morning.

I copied your entry for ease of reference.  If you are able to come up with a brownie recipe, please do post it.  I'll be most interested to say the least!

And, regarding that cleaning cycle - the first time we ran it - oh my goodness, we were glad it was the middle of winter, because it was 25 degrees outside so we turned the heat off and opened the kitchen window and front door.  We didn't think that cycle would ever end, so I can understand why you're going with the short cycle, living in Florida, as you do.  We're going with the short cycle and we live in the Pacific Northwest!

Re the new flour you're working with, I'm reminded of a fabulous book somewhere in my baking library which is a fountain of information regarding alternative flours and I cannot find it.  Must be in a box in a garage we're renting here on the townhouse community property.  Must find it.  Would be really interested to know how the green banana flour experiement turns out for you.  Sounds really interesting.

Will make it over to the "Beet" question tomorrow, as we've yet to have dinner and it's going on eight.  Am using the convection feature on the lower oven right now and it's not going as expected. Hmmmmm...

"See" you soon.  XXX

Respected Contributor

Sfnative, now that you are mentioning it, I have been saying almost since we got it-that our LG needs to be calibrated.

The oven is fine, but the stove runs hot. A setting of "1" on a digital should be "low"...and it's anything but!

My heart goes out to you: I have been batting around respiratory issues for a couple of weeks, no doubt made worse by brush fires. We are in a drought and it's getting worse by the day.

Feel better: 

Esteemed Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Sfnative, now that you are mentioning it, I have been saying almost since we got it-that our LG needs to be calibrated.

The oven is fine, but the stove runs hot. A setting of "1" on a digital should be "low"...and it's anything but!

My heart goes out to you: I have been batting around respiratory issues for a couple of weeks, no doubt made worse by brush fires. We are in a drought and it's getting worse by the day.

Feel better: 

@Poodlepet2

My LG stove is fine, which pleases me to no end.  and I especially love the ability fully heat a large pan or skillet.  Hope you're able to arrange for calibration soon.

With my first convection bake complete, all I can say is that boy, am I unimpressed.  It took longer to back than under normal circumstances!