Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone have a favorite Air Fryer they can recommend?

Ninja hands down.

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN 

David is presenting the Ninja Indoor grill right now. Hope your watching.

Valued Contributor

Instead of asking for recommendations - most people will recommend the air fryer they purchased as they don't want to admit they didn't make a great purchase - Google "air fryers" and "reviews." Then you'll see comparative info on a variety of units. 

I'm curious Candlequeen, why do you put this info on your posts..."61 YRS OLD, MED GOLDEN BROWN HAIR, MED TAN SKINTONE......." 

Honored Contributor

@Razzy 7 wrote:

Instead of asking for recommendations - most people will recommend the air fryer they purchased as they don't want to admit they didn't make a great purchase - Google "air fryers" and "reviews." Then you'll see comparative info on a variety of units. 

I'm curious Candlequeen, why do you put this info on your posts..."61 YRS OLD, MED GOLDEN BROWN HAIR, MED TAN SKINTONE......." 

@Razzy 7  I wouldn't hesitate to ask for recommendations here. I trust them more than Google reviews. 

Valued Contributor

proudlyfromNJ, I respect your opinion, but am not sure you correctly interpreted my advice. I've already explained why I have a bit of a concern with recommendations for a certain model an individual has purchased. Let's say I purchased a JazzBo Super Good Air Fryer. Suppose I like it - that's great, but you as a potential purchaser won't know how the JazzBo Super Good Air Fryer compares to the Top Terrific Can't Beat It Air Fryer. Yes I like the JazzBo but have no idea if it's the same as, better than or worse than the Tom Terrific would be ... and neither will you by just reading my review and theirs. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "Google Reviews" but I am not referring to individuals who again are recommending what they purchased - reviews on Amazon, for example. I'm referring to reviews by respected websites and reviewers such as Consumer Reports, Good Housekeeping, Food Network, NYTimes, cnet, Wired, Meredith Laurence, Cooks Illustrated and others with excellent reputations. There's no way I would consider a recommendation from someone here (including myself) over reviews from these respected review sites. Would I read the reviews posted here? Sure, but I'd take them with a grain of salt. After all, by and large, folks here are reporting on their experience with a single air fryer and aren't providing any comparative data. We also don't know how good a cook that person is and if they air fry more than French Fries - and that's an important factor I think. Best to get as much data as possible and then make a considered decision.

Trusted Contributor

Ninja.  Love it and use it almost every day.  It's especially wonderful to use in our hot

Texas summers as a replacement for using the oven which really heats the kitchen up.

Honored Contributor

@Razzy 7 wrote:

@Razzy 7 I used to post mostly on the Beauty Board, and there it was very helpful if people knew your skintone and hair color, as we mostly discussed makeup and skincare and haircare, and now I find myself posting on a lot of different boards, and have just never removed it! 

Honored Contributor

@Razzy 7 wrote:

proudlyfromNJ, I respect your opinion, but am not sure you correctly interpreted my advice. I've already explained why I have a bit of a concern with recommendations for a certain model an individual has purchased. Let's say I purchased a JazzBo Super Good Air Fryer. Suppose I like it - that's great, but you as a potential purchaser won't know how the JazzBo Super Good Air Fryer compares to the Top Terrific Can't Beat It Air Fryer. Yes I like the JazzBo but have no idea if it's the same as, better than or worse than the Tom Terrific would be ... and neither will you by just reading my review and theirs. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "Google Reviews" but I am not referring to individuals who again are recommending what they purchased - reviews on Amazon, for example. I'm referring to reviews by respected websites and reviewers such as Consumer Reports, Good Housekeeping, Food Network, NYTimes, cnet, Wired, Meredith Laurence, Cooks Illustrated and others with excellent reputations. There's no way I would consider a recommendation from someone here (including myself) over reviews from these respected review sites. Would I read the reviews posted here? Sure, but I'd take them with a grain of salt. After all, by and large, folks here are reporting on their experience with a single air fryer and aren't providing any comparative data. We also don't know how good a cook that person is and if they air fry more than French Fries - and that's an important factor I think. Best to get as much data as possible and then make a considered decision.

@Razzy 7 I get what you are saying as well, and I definitely plan on doing more research, but just thought I would start here since there are so many kitchen shows on QVC, and they sell several different brands of Air Fryers! 

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN 

David is presenting the Ninja Indoor grill right now. Hope your watching.

@KBEANS I missed it!!!!!!Will try to find the video though! Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Just yesterday I was looking at the below as a possible Christmas gift for my son.  They do so much deep frying and he wants to get away from it if he can.  Plus the added bonus of removing another small appliance at the same time for extra counter space.  Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven (TOA-60) listed as number one in an article regarding the top 10 combo's.

Cuisinart-Air-Fryer-toaster-Oven

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."