Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have a favorite Air Fryer they can recommend?

I have one from the makers of Instant Pot that I LOVE.  It is a 6 qt square shaped airfryer. I got mine for a song at Macys last year, just happened to check out their website and found it for $49.99 plus had extra % coupons too and free shipping. 

Esteemed Contributor

There's just two of us but I have 2 different sizes of air fryers. I love them. The large one (regular size---great for 2-4) is a Kalorik that I purchased at Kohls. It came with some extras like racks and skewers. The second one is a Dash that I purchased at HSN. I use it for tater tots or veggie tots. It's a fast clean up and great for a snack.     

Super Contributor

The Chefman looks nice.  I do highly recommend one with shelves like Chefman or the newer toaster ovens that air fry as well.   Great way to combine appliances and the shelf allows for much better circulation than the older model air fryers. 

I started out with the typical air fryer and loved it....but it is so much better with the shelves now! 

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN   You might want to read this information from the Blue Jean Chef.  It was in her email today.

https://bluejeanchef.com/cooking-school/how-to-choose-an-air-fryer/

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN   You might want to read this information from the Blue Jean Chef.  It was in her email today.

https://bluejeanchef.com/cooking-school/how-to-choose-an-air-fryer/

@grandma2pkmh Thank-you so much! That was very very helpful....

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone have a favorite Air Fryer they can recomm

[ Edited ]

Qvc is having an air fryer as TSV on Oct 14.  No details yet as to brand

Respected Contributor

I have a Philips XL.  Works very well.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always thought this was an appliance I just didn't need, but my kitchen is in the center of my house where air doesn't circulate particularly well, and I got tired of all the lingering smoke and odors when cooking some items on the stovetop, especially meats. So after carefully reviewing the great selection of recipes and ideas from our friend the Blue Jean Chef, Meredith Laurence, I finally bought one last month.

The first thing I air fried was steak, and it came out juicy and wonderful with a little bit of a crust on the outside, just as we'd hoped—but best of all, as soon as the cook time was over and we washed out the basket, there were no lingering odors at all! I was very happy and started air frying all kinds of things, and everything had great results. Like a few others here, we don't eat many of the foods you may traditionally associate with an air fryer, but it has been fantastic for quick and easy cooking/baking of lots of different foods in a shorter time and without heating up the whole kitchen.

From my research, I can tell you that most air fryers nowadays are pretty good. The three things I'd note are:

Check the basket/drawer dimensions carefully to get an idea of how much food will fit in it; regardless of any capacity given in a description for quart size or anything else, that will be a helpful guide to determine which air fryer to buy based on how many you're feeding and what you plan to cook. (The link shared above to the Blue Jean Chef's recently posted buying guide is great as well.)

Spend the (usually minimal) extra money to get a digital model. My only regret with the air fryer I purchased is that I decided to go with the cheaper dial model, and I worry that it won't hold up for a long time because the dials are essentially like old-school kitchen timers where it feels like they might break if you move them back and forth. You don't necessarily have to get a fancy touchscreen version, but the models with buttons seem far more sturdy and reliable.

Definitely go to bluejeanchef.com for lots of usage and recipe ideas. Meredith has done a great job of helping new air fryer users get to know their machines and find delicious things to make in them. Her air fryer books are also excellent and are available in print or on Kindle.

Good luck, and happy air frying!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

POWER Airfryer TSV 10/14.

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN 

@freakygirl 

I agree, I like the Ninja brands in all of their appliances. I have their multi cooker, foodi, and coffee pot. I've never been disappointed. The Ninja foodi is what I own and it's great. Not crazy about it's shape but it sure does a lot. It doesn't have a rotisserie but it does pressure cook, and so much more. I never pressure cooked anything before owning this and now I do. Hard  boiled eggs come out perfectly using @this method. The newer one is the Ninja indoor grill/ air fryer. This item looks interesting....no rotisserie. watch some YouTube videos for brand recommendations or the television infomercials. Good Luck.