Honored Contributor

Anyone have a favorite Air Fryer they can recommend?

I am looking for one for myself and hubby mostly, also once in a while grandkids, so it doesn't need to be super big, but there are so many out there, just thought I would ask here for recommendations?

Thanks so much! Would also prefer one with a rotisserie!

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone have a favorite Air Fryer they can recommend?

I love my Cooks Essential.  I started with the smaller one, then moved up to the larger one so I could put in more at one time.  No trouble with either of them, and easy to clean. They also do not take up a lot of counter space as the rectangular ones do.  I have heard the ones with the baskets are hard to clean.  Good Luck!

Honored Contributor

I purchased a Power XL on a whim at a Black Friday sale last year, it was half price.

Turns out I love it.  I use it almost every day for cooking & reheating.

I don't recall the size but it easily holds 4-6 chicken thighs.

Mine does not have a rotisserie but there may be a model that does have one.

I have a Ronco Rotisserie, I love it.  Maybe Ronco makes an air fryer with a rotisserie.

power xl.jpg

Emeril's air fryer looks good & the price is right.

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Trusted Contributor

ninja. husband uses it almost everyday and loves it. he's the cook in the family. it can also flip up when you're done with it, to free up counter space. 

Honored Contributor

We have had a Philips for about 4 or 5 years and it works great.

What we discovered however is that we don't eat many fried-type foods even if they aren't fried.  

So think about what you eat--and if you enjoy battered type foods, go for it!  

Honored Contributor

No need to only do battered foods

The most popular way to prepare chicken at my house is to take either chicken thighs or skinless, boneless breasts.   I brine them, then marinate in our favorite seasoning. 

Cook time is about 15 minutes & the results are juicy and flavorful.

Anything you can cook in a conventional oven you can prepare in an air fryer, with better results in less time. 

This is not to criticize your opinion but I didn't want the OP to think she can only do battered foods.

@Sooner wrote:

We have had a Philips for about 4 or 5 years and it works great.

What we discovered however is that we don't eat many fried-type foods even if they aren't fried.  

So think about what you eat--and if you enjoy battered type foods, go for it!  

Trusted Contributor

I second what @software said.  I never eat battered foods and use the air fryer all the time.  We have a Cooks Essential and a Ninja Foodi and like them both, however, neither has a rotisserie as we use an old George Forman rotisserie (that I hope never dies because I think they no longer make them and we use it all the time!)

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much ladies. I will check these out!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN  I started with a Paula Deen air fryer several years ago.  Recently decided to upgrade to digital so the controls would be backlit and easier to read.  I did my research.  America's Test Kitchen recently tested air fryers and recommended GoWISE.  I had never heard of GoWISE, but found several models on Amazon.  I read the reviews on several models before  purchasing the GoWISE USA 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer 7.0 Qt. ($89.99), along with a couple of accessory sets.  I love it!  Made Breaded Pork Cutlets with Avocado, Tomatoes and Lime last night (The Skinnytaste Air Fryer Cookbook, pg 94).  It was delicious and only took about 30 minutes total.

My GoWISE is much quieter than my old air fryer and has a lot of convenient features.  Takes up about the same amount of counter space, fitting nicely into a corner on my countertop.  I also bought the 4-year protection plan offered on Amazon for $14.99.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My daughter has this model of Chefman at her house, and we bought one for our granddaugher's college apartment. According to them, they're used every day.   

This is a good brand. And being able to see what you are cooking is a great benefit.

The newest Chefman has a rotisserie (and it's actually a little less expensive than the model I bought). It's called the Chefman Mutifunctional Digital Air Fryer.