Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have Vidalias in their area yet?

awwwwwwww that's so great ! every time I think about leaving the forum somebody comes along and makes it all better ! LOL

Yeah, there's a lot of folks that sell the onion, but, I haven't been able to beat the shipping any place else.

Thanks for letting me know ! Hope you enjoy them!

Every time I need a refresher course in onion 101 I buy one at local grocery and have to drink a bottle of Sprite to wash out mouth.

I can remember when I used to eat an onion like an apple. I think they're not as mild as used to be, maybe soil has changed, planting has changed, but, they're way better then Walmarts.

Honored Contributor

Bunjetto, I am in the UP of Michigan. I'm sure we are at the end of any truck route.  Besides, with all the snow we have they may be stuck.  I have a favor to ask of you, if I can do this without getting poofed.  You had a candle site mentioned years ago and I have lost the link.  Can you give it to me without crossing the religious restriction, or is it religious in name?

Trusted Contributor

@Tigriss

I've had a vidalia this way!  My friend was having a cook out several years ago.  They were serving steak, burgers, hot dogs.  Well her mom walks in with 10 huge vidalias stuffed with butter and each had a beef boullion cube in them.  Then she wrapped them in foil and put them on the grill.  They were the best onions I've ever had Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

Now, I want a green tomato LOL

Honored Contributor

We stopped by our local vegetable market both yesterday and today. They said they should have them tomorrow. So we’ll make another trip tomorrow!  We’re in Atlanta, so they don’t have to travel far to get here. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Score!

Our local vegetable market got them in this morning. When we got there just after 1:00 they had 5 bags left. We bought 3 of them. Baked Vidalias for us tomorrow!

C9063CC3-958D-44BD-AFA4-5CC0CD8C1054.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Southern West Virginia here; my favorite local grocery store has them for sale starting today.    

Respected Contributor

I was in NYC today and ran into Fairway to grab some lobster tails for dinner ( 4 oz for $4.99 each.)  What do I see ? A huge display of "first of the season" Vidalia onions..........regular price $1.49/lb....on sale for .79/lb.

Esteemed Contributor

@Danky wrote:

I was in NYC today and ran into Fairway to grab some lobster tails for dinner ( 4 oz for $4.99 each.)  What do I see ? A huge display of "first of the season" Vidalia onions..........regular price $1.49/lb....on sale for .79/lb.

Nice score @Danky!!