Respected Contributor

Anyone got the Corky's ham & turkey for holidays

I am thinking this would be great for me ham/turkey since only 4 of us plus give most away for leftovers and just make sides. Has anyone had it? The sauce seems too much for me I would just put it on the side but leftovers would be great. We don't have a problem with a salt diet but understand we don't do this everyday. I just want to know if this is a good product. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone got the Corky's ham & turkey for holidays

I woudn't bother. A few times when I was not up to getting a Thanksgiving meal on the table I took advantage of ordering a complete meal for about $60.00 at a local supermarket. It had the turkey, stuffing, potaotes, vegetable, relish, pie & rolls. I picked it up hot & kept everything warm in the oven until serving time. It was fantastic.

Trusted Contributor

IMO its not a great deal.

A 5lb ham or turkey breast themselves don't take long to cook regardless.  Ham and Turkey will be on sale in your local grocery store for the holidays.  Last year I got turkey breasts really cheap as well.

As another poster said grocery stores and local restaurants can provide the entire meal for the same price as the TSV.

Honored Contributor

Had both the ham and turkey been available at the lower price, I'd have ordered them.

Honored Contributor

just changing channels and saw this and would never pay those prices! besides i dont ever order food from shopping channels!Woman Very Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@DAD wrote:

I woudn't bother. A few times when I was not up to getting a Thanksgiving meal on the table I took advantage of ordering a complete meal for about $60.00 at a local supermarket. It had the turkey, stuffing, potaotes, vegetable, relish, pie & rolls. I picked it up hot & kept everything warm in the oven until serving time. It was fantastic.

The past two years we've (me, husband and daughter) have had two Thanksgiving meals each year.  One at my sisters and the other at my MIL's.  My sister ordered a turkey breast with all the sides from Boston Market.  It was delicious!  My MIL orders from a local restaurant that delivers everything hot and ready to go Thanksgiving day.  Easy peesy.

Honored Contributor

No---don't order food from the Q--did once from KC --a 5 lb prime rib---the one I got had about a 2 inch ribbon of gristle right thru the middle of the thing-----called them up to complain, got  another one shipped to me and the same thing happened ==a huge knot of gristle in it-----no more!!!! Have a great butcher in town that I buy my special meats from.

Honored Contributor

No, but I do have some St. Clair sides coming.  I have bought meals from the grocery and from Cracker Barrel and have never been happy with the sides, tasted funny. I bought the St. Clair sides last year and they tasted the way I wanted them to taste, so the price is worth it to me to get good tasting food and lessen the amount of items I have to cook.  I'll get a turkey breast locally.  

Respected Contributor

I ordered the turkey.  I bought it a few years ago, and I thought it tasted good.  I prefer the taste of natural turkey breast and usually by a Kosher turkey.  But my husband and son liked the smoked and a little sweet flavor very much, so I bought it again for Thanksgiving this year.  I also like St Claire sides.  I have been buying them every year to be a part of our Thanksgiving meal for a long time.  I feel like I may be in the minority, but like St. Clair's and Corkey's smoked turkey (but not as much as a plain turkey).

Respected Contributor

I debated over getting this but decided not to. Expensive for sure, and I am afraid to order food from them. They do makr it look good.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".