Honored Contributor

Anyone get the "Back In The Day" cookbook?

I pre-ordered it at Amazon....one dollar less and since I'm a prime member, no S&H.

BTW - I ordered some k cups and expected them to be delivered tomorrow....

Instead they came TODAY - on Sunday!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone get the ""Back In The Day"" cookbook?

I got their first book from the lib. It's her recipe for choc chip cookies I made that called for 2 sticks of butter and they flopped for the most part . When the first tray flopped I made smaller cookies and added more flour to keep from spreading like molten lava. One gal here in the group said her father was a pro baker and said never to use butter for choc chip cookies just shortening (Crisco) I assume butter Crisco would be OK , so, I'm gonna try that next time.

I'll see if the lib . will be getting in this one. Great recipes in there

Contributor

I get every cookbook David shows on his show from Amazon. Prime is so worth it. My mail lady teases me, on her day off she comes in jeans to delivery my packages on Sundays. It's her day off & I needed cat food Smiley Happy I'm sure she's paid well. I've also bought tons of cookbooks used. Sometime for $2.00 w/free prime shipping. Since my qvc wish list hasn't been working I've been working on my Amazon wish list. Hope you enjoy the book.
Occasional Contributor

Waiting on Deep South Dish Homestyle Southern Recipes by Mary Foreman to air March 15 with David. I have copied her recipes from her web site till my printed is going out. Real southern recipe's like was cooked in the 50's and 60's she does step by step has saved me a lot of phone time telling great nieces how to make dinner. You should check it out