Trusted Contributor

Anyone get Wolfgang's TSV on HSN?

I did! I liked the fact that you don't have to freeze the canister. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone get Wolfgang's TSV on HSN?

I did consider it     great that No Rock salt  His products are awesome

last thing we need is more ice cream LOL

I did order his crab cakes on auto ship

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ    I got another brand of that type of ice cream maker about two years ago and put it in the garbage this winter.  I didn't care for the product it made at all, and the quantity was very small.  It's recipes called for mostly heavy cream and a little milk.  It had so much fat, it felt greasy on the tongue.  Even when I reversed the proportions, it was too greasy.  It was more trouble than it was worth.

I had the type where you freeze the container and really liked it but it took up so much freezer space.  I'll just buy Blue Bell.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Let us know how you liked the air fryer lid. Read the directions.

Trusted Contributor

I did - in blue.  I considered not buying, since I have a Vitamix and can make ice cream in it, but I like the no fuss aspect of this one.

Honored Contributor

At first I thought that was a mighty small container, but then I realized you didn't have to pre-freeze it.  I'm guessing that type machine would be uber-expensive and probably rather large to freeze a larger container.  I already have a Cuisinart, the type you have to freeze the container, and don't use it much so no interest on my part.

@Kachina624 , you can use any ice cream recipe you want in that type of machine.  There are even frozen yogurt and other types that don't use heavy cream.  There does need to be some sort of sugar whether it be added or the natural sugars in the cream to get a creamy texture.  Otherwise, you just get flavored ice. It's really no different than the hand-crank variety except that the canister is insulated so that it holds the cold so you don't have to use the rock salt and ice.  

I have an electric crank type I use for church functions and a Cuisinart with the canister you freeze for personal use.  I use the same recipes in both although I have to cut the amount down for the Cuisinart or double for the electric crank, and the results are the same for both.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered the red one, but wanted to switch to the blue, but didn't. I have one of his earlier ice cream makers, which is siting in my garage, but really wanted to try this. I like that you can only make small batches - it is just for me, and I can never finish anything much over a pint before I get bored or it gets freezer burn. I am mostly interested in making low carb or sugar free desserts and will try that.

I am looking forward to seeing the recipes in Marian's new cookbook, although I don't see making the popcorn ice cream. The prices for her books have gone up. They used to always be $19.95, but this was $23 something and shipping was $5.50! I only got it to see if there were any tricks specific to this machine. And to see if I could make any of the other recipes into sugar free.