Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else tempted by the Spurtle set TSV tomorrow?

No.  Shipping is too expensive.  I'll wait for Sam's or Costco to get them in for the Christmas season

Honored Contributor

Yes, I got it in the Cobalt Blue.

Have never had a spurtle, and quite frankly didn't know what the difference was between a spurtle and some of the other spatula-like utensils I have. But I got it because I want to switch to silicone and not the metal utensils, which really scratch up my pots/pans. And I could use a few more sizes like this TSV has.

Didn't like how much the shipping/handling was, but I just looked at the overall total it would cost me, and it was something I was willing to pay.

Respected Contributor

No, where's the spoons?   Too many spatula's, you don't need that many, they will just sit in your drawer.

Colors are cool but that's about it....check out the Food Network one's at Kohl's, those are really nice and you get to pick them up and feel them in your hands.

I still think the name is what sells them.

Super Contributor

They just look so thick and cumbersome. I was watching the lady who was scrambling eggs and heard her say it made a great whisk. Not so much I am thinking. Many years ago, the Galloping Gourmet used a spurtle that was made out of wood, looked like a spatula with a hole in the middle. I had that one for years, it was much thinner, but must admit I didn't use it that much.

Respected Contributor

I ordered a set in multi.  I hope I like them enough to use 'em a lot.  If not, at least they're colorful.

Honored Contributor

I like the two smaller ones, but have no use for the others.  It's a good price, but I can't get my kitchen drawer shut now.  I have no more storage left.  I'll pass.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have wooden spurtles which I love and use.  About 2 yrs ago Lucina introduced a few pieces in silicone and I bought before they sold out.....only came back I believe once or twice, don't remember.  BUT, I did not like the silicone pieces, they were heavy, thick, stiff and cumbersome, did not like or use that much so I no longer have any of the silicone, but still use the wooden ones......

Honored Contributor

While, knowing me, I would probably buy red or black (the one silicone set I bought is red), I think the rainbow color set is fun!   The colors are bright and nice.  Even the green doesn't offend my eyeballs and I don't generally care for green.  The orange is very cool.    I don't know - maybe if I were ordering them I would go for the rainbow set (or whatever they're calling it).   Smiley Happy   Pretty!

Honored Contributor

I recently bought a silicon set that Marc Charles was selling.  I think that set came to almost $28. with shipping which was too much, but too costly to return.  Don't need today's set even though the pieces are different.

Valued Contributor

If I buy a set, I am leaning towards the purple.