Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Ever See Something Sharon or David Doesn't like?

@SharkE wrote:

I'd rather see David eat then doing the bra segments.

Those demos are saved for private moments !

Valued Contributor

This post is silly but enjoyable.

Honored Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

I think I read or heard somewhere that David doesn't care for mustard.

I think David has said he really dislikes brussell sprouts.  He or one of the other hosts (not sure which one) will not eat fish.    You know they all have to say they like the food they taste in order to encourage us to order.

Valued Contributor

I bought the Mark Charles cookbook because of the high reviews and David's "yum yum" faces.  I tried making the mac & cheese and had to throw it away.  No one liked it. 

Honored Contributor

I don't watch those shows---not into watching the faces look like they are having the big O--over a stuffed pretzel. 

Honored Contributor

Once when I was watching the TV show The Apprentice, the people were supposed to sell a product.  They had Rick Domier there and it was set up similar to QVC.

Anyway, they had another member (of the team) talking into the microphone in the ear of the person selling telling them when the sales were going up or down (I guess it's a real thing).

They even said that when David does his happy dance it's because the sales are slow and they can actually see (by graph I guess) sales go up.

That's why I was curious.  There are so many things I don't like (very, very picky) even though I'm overweight.  I was mainly wondering if anyone has noticed a face or something like, ugh!

I know it's their job to sell & sell but that would be a job I'd hate.  Until Sharon started always doing this with someone I never knew she was such a cook and into food, but then I don't pay attention much to the people selling.

Some of the food they show just make me .......well, anyway.  

I guess you guys should pay attention to what I say or like or don't like because I must be the only person in the world who doesn't like macaroni and cheese.

Honored Contributor

I hate undercooked raw meat.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know David has said on many occasions he will never ever eat Brussels sprouts. He calls them evil. I don’t think he likes salmon either because he will never sample it. 

I do not like it when Sharon says it’s “So stinkin’ good”

Nope, sorry, just no.

Valued Contributor

I think hosts used to be a bit more honest in the beginning. Now they are weeding out anybody with a personality...imho.

The best online shopping moment I ever saw, was a male host presenting the largest marcasite looking honker you ever saw on HSN about 20 years ago. My ex-husband and I still quote it to each other to this day and crack up.

"You'll look like you just stepped off a space ship from Mars"

no selling tactic has been as entertaining since.

Respected Contributor

David is not a seafood lover, so no surprise that he never sampled the crab cakes.  As far as the hosts being 'honest', it simply would not be fair for a host to personally rate different food items.  Everyone has different tastes.  I find that I absolutely love some food items that other people routinely trash on these boards.  The only way to tell for sure is to try the items yourself.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James