Esteemed Contributor

Well I'll just butt in back, @SharkE!  🤣

I wait on my "man".  I love to cook and plan meals.  He gets a lunch packed every day before work (thankfully, he does work!).

I just ran to the store and got him a fresh bagel, and am waiting for him to come down and have his breakfast so I can toast it just right for him (in my new blue toaster, of course!).

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian : Thank you for the caring thoughts. I was raised the same way. Friends think that I should “make DH “ be more active. He is retired military dealing with so many issues like so many others. He has various body and joint pain from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet. When we entertain he is determined to clean the front porch and all of the inside floors so I can save my energy for planning activities and meal prep. His moto: Get the job done with team work. I count my Blessings every day. Blessings to you and your precious honey. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

I think marriage should be a 2 way street. If I do something nice for him or go out of my way to accommodate something I think he'll require ahead of time

what's the sin ?

He pumps the gas. I only pumped gas once and had a girl show me how to do it. LOL paid cash, since didn't know how to do the credit card thing. LOL

all the young girls would die laughing. If a man opens the door for me or races ahead to let me in first I'll stand and hold the next set of doors for him.

LOL

All about respect I guess. Disappearing , I'm afraid.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE: Tell it like it is! As my precious Mother would say: Preach it Sister: I am a proud American, God fearing, Bible believer, homemaker and provide 3 home cooked meals daily served with nothing but love and respect! Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee I don't know how you feel about baking in silicone but if you have an Aldi by you for this week's specials they have silicone bakeware.  I bought the muffin one and it works/cleans up great (the one thing you need to do with theirs is I would recommend using a baking sheet under it as they are a bit flexible).

Oh and hey speaking of good baking sheets, I love mine from Curtis Stone.  They are sturdy and clean up is a breeze.

And I just want to say, God bless you and Mr. Southern Bee.  Your posts and many others on this thread truly warmed my heart just now and brought a tear to my eye . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia: Go Girl. Love to see the beautiful blue toaster. Southern Bee 

Trusted Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian : Thank you for the caring thoughts. I was raised the same way. Friends think that I should “make DH “ be more active. He is retired military dealing with so many issues like so many others. He has various body and joint pain from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet. When we entertain he is determined to clean the front porch and all of the inside floors so I can save my energy for planning activities and meal prep. His moto: Get the job done with team work. I count my Blessings every day. Blessings to you and your precious honey. Southern Bee 

@SouthernBee Dear heart, your message above melted my heart.  Please THANK your DH for his service.  I do not take my liberties for granted.  You and your DH are very similiar to my beloved parents.  It's wonderful to hear stories like yours, especially in the current world.  We are blessed to have the love we do.  Please keep loving as you do.  The world needs it.  

Honored Contributor

@SharkE; I can always count on you for my daily dose of medicine- a good laugh 😆. But totally agree. Had similar experience pumping gas and that was my last effort but I do know all details about finances and how to budget and pay bills. I can cook and clean. Mother and Bigmama wanted me to sew and iron but flunked in every attempt.😧Southern Bee 

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

If I can butt in here.  The way things were back in the 70's when I married is way different from today.

I set the table if something is missing I get up and go get it. I anticipate what we will both need on the table. Meals are at a set time, etc.

Nobody waits on their man any more. It's catch as catch can. Drive thru food and open a can, microwave expensive food and throw the cardboard in the trash. Nobody knows what real food is any more. When the young go to church or social functions when people from the 'old school' cook they don't know how to act. Not used to anything that isn't from a can, microwave pouch or drive thru.

Changing times !

@SharkE You are not butting in at all.  Love you sharing.  Thank You.  Due to my immense food allergies I have to make most of my food from scratch, "old school".  This is how I was raised.  I have the best memories of my beloved maman teaching me how to cook.  I adore cooking for any soul at my table.  It's one of the many ways I show love.  And it's one of the ways I bring my maman into my life (she scrossed over a few years ago and I miss her immensely).  Love your "catch as catch can".  Again, thank you for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe:Great suggestions about the silicone and next shopping trip invest in this and good baking sheets. I purchased 6 of the CS baking sheets for me and some for a best friend. Sad to report that all of my baking sheets except one warped and they were beyond the warranty period. Thank you for your kind and caring words. Everyone has been so kind and I cannot stop crying. Blessings to you. Southern Bee