Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody ordering the Corky's?

$11.65 a pound if you get the six pound combo - is that a deal or what?

Super Contributor

I ordered the whisky maple.  Saving them for super bowl Sunday. I've had the sweet and smoky before and they're really good.  

Respected Contributor

Many of us are on fixed budgets and consistently get "priced out" from QVC's Food because it is too high.  As others have mentioned this is not a value at those prices per pound.

Respected Contributor

not after seeing a closeup of the vendor's chewed up fingernails.  Yuck!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had Corky's ham for Christmas and it was the best ham my family has ever tasted. Perfectly seasoned, melt in your mouth tender, and no water injected taste.   I would trust that their chicken wings are also delicious.  

However, they are just chicken wings.  I get large frozen wings in a 2lb bag from my grocery store for about $10.  Add simple ingredients, and a favorite sauce, and I make magnificent wings for about $30 less than the $70 TSV.  The convenience of arriving in the mail at my door will not ever equal $30 to me.  So no, not these wings.  

Honored Contributor

I ended up not ordering, hubby and I watched another presentation and my husband thought the price was too high. I think we will look into buying an Air Fryer first, and do our own Wings!

Respected Contributor

The best part about Chicken Wings and the SUper Bowl?

The USA eats billions of wings, and chickens only have two a piece.

Hence, this is the best time of year to buy chicken parts ( l like dark meat so leg/thigh sections)...or breasts if you like them! They gotta do something will all the parts other than wings!!!

The butcher in our local TOPS told me that  when I asked him one time how they could sell chicken parts other than wings for such low prices at the time. I didn't pay attention to Super Bowl stuff so it didn't click.

I wouldn't buy these wings at these ridiculous prices. And last night they did an extreme close up of David eating the wing meat off the bones, greasy fingers and lips, and I had to turn the channel.

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN we just tried our Ninja Foodi air fryer for the first time last night, we cooked frozen fries and chicken tenders (mostly for the young one lol)  and they were incredible!  The Corky's vendor had a tip of mixing equally Corky's BBQ sauce which we have in our local store and ranch dressing, we use Wishbone low fat and it was delicious.  We're going to try the other poster's Whole Food Northwoods Fire dry rub suggestion and air fry wings and use that sauce Corky's mixture.  

Regular Contributor

Spent $7.50 for 3 2/3 pounds of raw large wings today at grocery store, $2.50 for a bottle of Red Hot, and the stick of butter will come out at $1.25.  I bake the wings at 450 degrees for 30 minutes each side, no deep frying needed.  You melt the butter with 1/2 the bottle of sauce--not spicy at all.   And they have  rich flavor, and this meal will have cost only about $11.00 or $12.00, nearly 1/5th of the Corky's rip off price.  Does that answer the question???

Contributor

xI rarely give in to QVC and HSN overpriced food but was going to order Corky's TSV smaller amount of Wings. Then found out you could not get the COMBO in smaller amount so didnt order. Easily they could've had combo in smaller amount as well.