Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody ordering the Corky's?

My MIL must have loved Corky's ribs, after she died we found plenty of it in her freezer. I thought they were ok, we gave some to our son and he thought they were good. I just think the Q's food is too expensive.

Honored Contributor

They are way too expensive.  Go to Costco's and buy a bag of wings already to eat with sauce on them in the frozen food section.  I buy them occasionally to keep on hand for something quick.  The buffalo flavor is very mild.  If you like heat, you will need to add some.

I also have the plain frozen ones in my freezer.  They are quick and easy to make. I add my own sauce.

Honored Contributor

I had wings in the freezer, the TSV convinced me to take some out and BBQ them for dinner tonight.  I don't the TSV but I texted hubby and told him to send a 6lb order to his parents.  

Respected Contributor

I am. I used to live in Memphis and sorely miss Corky’s. My favorite wing place offers a 3 pound party platter for $45. In that regard, these are less expensive since I don’t have to tip anyone.
Honored Contributor

Yes, I placed an order for 6 lbs of the sweet and smoky wings.   

My family loves wings; I have wasted a lot of money trying to find good wings they will eat and be satisfied with.   No grocery store in this area of WV sells a tasty chicken wing, and I’m not happy to add $40 for wings to a Papa Johns  pizza order.   

My family likes Corky’s wings, they eat them, there are no complaints and no waste, so I am willing to pay for a decent product my family will eat.   

Trusted Contributor

They would have to enclude a cabana boy for that price! 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley LOL
Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I ordered from Corky's only once and was very disappointed. 

====

@RetRN  you could give them to a human garbage disposal to finish.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd get some frozen wings or drum sticks at the grocery store and a bottle of Baby Rays Barbque sauce.  Drumsticks don't have as much fat!

Image result for baby rays barbecue sauces

Super Contributor

I've never had Corky's but I am loving our Philips airfryer for wings. I get organic Bell & Evans wings at Whole Foods and use the Northwoods Fire seasoning on them as a dry rub. The airfryer crisps them up so well without the deep fried heaviness that one craves from good wings. I often toss them in homemade honey/sriracha blend or just use some hot sauce. So much more affordable and WAY healthier. 

Honored Contributor

The "super" Publix food store sells both Corky’s wings and ribs.

$11.99 when on sale for 20 wings.

I've never bought them.  We have a great "hole in the wall" golf range/bar near us.  They sell the best wings 20/$10.99 or 50 for $24.99.