Honored Contributor

Steve Doocy's turkey recipe ? My Aunt wants it. I have no idea who he is

LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Can I assume you're NOT a FOX AM watcher?   Sorry - I don't have the turkey info. Steve and Kathy just launched this cookbook so wonder how many people have even bought it.

Honored Contributor

No, don't watch. Not into that political stuff. I Googled what I could and found out it's on page 177 of their HOliday xmas cookbook

Did find out where you marinate the bird in vermouth overnight.......... yuck !

Esteemed Contributor

Double YUCK - - but things might get 'interesting' if Auntie spikes the turkey!

Honored Contributor

ROFL

Valued Contributor

love to hear abt it .

Frequent Contributor

It is Alan Thicke’s recipe

one 15 pound turkey

5 cups vermouth

2 small oranges, peeled and separated into segments

1 yellow onion, peeled and quartered

1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

salt , pepper

seasoningd of your family’s choice

1.place turkey in a brining bag. Pour 3 cups vermouth over the bird. Zip the bag closed, and place the turkey breastside down in a shallow roasting pan. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.

2.the next day preheat oven to 400f

3. Drain the vermouth and stuff the turkey with oranges and onion.smear the butter all over the turkey. Pour the remaining 2 cups vermouth and the olive oil over the bird

sprinkle your favorite seasonings, salt and pepper

4. Roast for 30 minutes, then reduce the heat to350.

cover the turkey with foil and roast for 1 hour. Uncover and baste with pan juices. Then continue to roast until the turkey registers 165F in thickest part of the thigh and under wing.The total roasting time will vary according to the size of your turkey and the accuracy of your oven, so start checking after 2 1/2 hours

remove turkey from the oven, cover with foil and let rest 30 minutes before carving.

i am not cooking this Thanksgiving but will definitely try this recipe.

i cook a lot with wine, so white vermouth will be a little change

enjoy!

Respected Contributor

s.Yes, I have the book, and I love Steeve Doocy, but this recipe says Tanya and Alan Thick's recipe

15 lb turkey

5 C Vermouth

2 small oranges, peeled and separated into segments

1yellow onion, peeled and quartered

8 T {1stick} unsalted butter, at room temp.

1/3 c extra virgin olive oil

salt and fresh ground pepper , season to your family's taste.Place the turkey in a brining bag, pour  3 c of the vermouth over it, zip the bag, place turkey in a roaster pan, breast side down , put in refrigerator over night.

Next day peheat oven to 400*

Drain the Vermouth, stuff turkey with orange and onion, smear butter all over the outside of the turkeypour the remaiing 2 c Vermouth hen pour the olive oil over the bird. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper or your famolies choice.

Roast for 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 350* Cover turkey with foil and roast for 1 hour. Uncover and baste with  pan juices. Continue to roast till temp of turkey in fattest part of thigh and under wing is 165F.Start checking bird after 2 1/2 hours  Remove cover with foil and wait 30 min before carving.     

Sorry about this font jumping to small , it does it all the time. Happy Eating

Honored Contributor

Shout out a big THANK YOU to all who got this for me !!!!

She was gonna buy the cookbook, but, I told her she wouldn't like it, but, she insisted that turkey recipe she had to have and since she's 85 and thinks she's still Queen of the kitchen and I have a computer it was given to me to me to make it happen.

I knew I could count on my foodie friends !

^az.gif

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  Please tell your Auntie to set me a place!  I do not want to miss this!

And I had never heard of him either. 

A little gin might not hurt either. Juniper berries you know.