Respected Contributor

I've never eaten cookie dough, cake batter yes.  I read somewhere once that there's a very low chance of getting sick from eggs.   People drink raw egg protein shakes all the time.

Now I have gotten food poisoning from eating out.   It was pretty bad.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Add me to the list of those who never got sick from raw cookie dough or batters.  When I make home made cookies, I can't resist quite a few helpings of that dough!  And as far as brownies go, I much prefer the pre-baked batter to the actual baked bar.  I also always lick the beaters when I make a cake.  Woman LOL

As a kid, when my mom would make anything with ground beef, she and I would always pull off a quarter sized piece of the RAW meat, put a little salt on it, and eat it.  I remember really liking that little treat.  The thought of doing that today, however, absolutely sickens me.  Ugh  I'm feeling a little queasy now.  Woman Surprised

Me too @Citrine1.  I'm not sure if I'd be able to do it anymore!

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I have NEVER gotten sick from eating raw cookie dough, and I do eat it on occassion.  There are a lot of things I eat if they are passed the expiration date too.  Just this morning I ate yogurt that expired in May.   It tasted fine and I am fine. When hurricane IRMA came through, we were without power for 6 days.  I threw out a lot of food from my fridge after the power came on.  But I had made egg salad before the hurricane.  There was still some left in the fridge days after we had no power.  It looked fine, smelled fine, and I ate it.  And I had no ill effects whatsoever.

Surely I must be reading this post incorrectly--You ate anything much less egg salad  that had been sitting in a refrigerator without power for 6 days??  You must be posting from heaven!!  That is just playing Russian roulette with your health.   

Trusted Contributor

omg love cookie dough i could eat a bowl full of it,, i eat cookie dough at work alot  i think its better than the baked cookies  lol

Respected Contributor

I don’t know if my mother impressed it on me or what.....but I never eat raw dough or lick the beaters from cake or cookies.  It sounds gross to me.....and though I love ice cream, I’ve never been tempted by the cookie dough flavor.  

Now frosting.....that’s a different story.  Hand me that spoon!