Honored Contributor

I guess you are safe.........they do say not to eat raw dough.....

Honored Contributor

I agree, it's the raw eggs in the dough.  I've never like raw dough of any kind... wha?????  But it's true.  Very tiny chance that you'll buy eggs with a problem but the chance is there regardless how small....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

The percentage is low for people getting sick from raw foods.  However, if you do get sick from it , they say it's awful.  You can even die from some forms of bacteria if ingested.  Better to be safe than sorry and try to kick that habit.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I know one person that ended up in the ER. No one was sure what made her so sick but she sure was!

Honored Contributor

I had to laugh at your peanut warning!   Yes and so are potatoes and carrots and on & on.   Some lawyer made them put that warning on the package.

Raw peanuts do grow underground IN A SHELL!!  lol

Anything can get contaminated from the ground to your pantry.

I don't care for the taste of raw peanuts, much prefer parched or roasted.

@Honeybit wrote:

Same here -- I've been eating batter all my life.  I have read online that the actual danger of salmonella is very very very rare (worth what it costs you to read it!). 

I got a package of raw peanuts the other day to roast (here in the South we call them "parched peanuts") and to eat raw.  To my intense shock there was a warning on the package not to eat raw peanuts because they are grown underground. 

We breathe the air and we drink the water, but now we're a culture afraid of our FOOD?  Probably not since Man had to kill wooly mammoths with a stick......

Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody ever get sick

[ Edited ]

I’m not one to see danger lurking in every pot and pan. I’ve Been eating dough since I was old enough to follow the cookie recipe on the back of the chocolate chips

Esteemed Contributor
I grew up drinking a homemade eggnog concoction that included a raw egg. It was an easy, fast, instant breakfast, long before someone developed "Instant Breakfast". I haven't made that in decades and I won't eat anything with raw egg in it anymore, even though cases of people hospitalized for salmonella seems to be less common now than it was in the past.
Super Contributor

No.

When  I was young, I used to make corn bread, just so I could lick the bowl.

Whoever mentioned the factory farmed eggs may have a point, I just can't bring myself to buy the cheap eggs. If I can't get to a local farmer, I only buy organic or cage-free. I know that's no guarantee, but I just can't help myself.

Honored Contributor

sounds ike fake news to me--I knew about raw eggs, but flour being as bad?? Really?? Give me a break!!!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

sounds ike fake news to me--I knew about raw eggs, but flour being as bad?? Really?? Give me a break!!!

@wagirl.  Flour? Where did you see that?