Honored Contributor

From eating raw batter or those pre made cookies ?

I eat batter and cookie dough all the time never had any trouble.

Possible, I guess, but, never had an issue.

^hii.gif

Respected Contributor

I am like the only person in the history of the world who does not care for raw cookie dough.  But I DO enjoy licking the spoon after making a cake!  And no, I have never gotten sick!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

Same here -- I've been eating batter all my life.  I have read online that the actual danger of salmonella is very very very rare (worth what it costs you to read it!). 

I got a package of raw peanuts the other day to roast (here in the South we call them "parched peanuts") and to eat raw.  To my intense shock there was a warning on the package not to eat raw peanuts because they are grown underground. 

We breathe the air and we drink the water, but now we're a culture afraid of our FOOD?  Probably not since Man had to kill wooly mammoths with a stick......

Trusted Contributor

Nope , not even from licking cake batter but after thinking about raw eggs, no more for me for quite a few years now!Woman LOL

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

No.

I'm not a huge baker but when I was younger, my mom was a huge baker.  I used to eat all kinds of raw dough and never had a problem.  I remember a few times eating so much raw chocolate chip cookie dough, I didn't even want the baked cookies.  LOL

If I happen to bake a cake, I too will still lick the beaters.   

Honored Contributor

Raw cookie dough isn't my thing but I've been licking spoons and tasting my cake batter and cookie dough for 50 years and I never got sick.  I don't anyone who has ever got sick from something we all do.  

Honored Contributor

They just now did a segment on the "dangers" of eating what your making in the kitchen before it's cooked on GMA.  I just said to myself "what"? LOL

Now, I wouldn't in restaurents or other people's homes where they have different cleanliness standards, pets, etc.

Valued Contributor

There wasn’t a real need for warnings with raw eggs until mega chicken farms. There’s just a greater chance for salmonella when chickens are in such close quarters. I have OCD so I don’t eat raw cookie dough, but I have a cousin who’s loved it for over 60 years!

Children and people with compromised immune systems do need to be careful, but I’ve never known anyone personally who’s had problems with it. 

Honored Contributor

I am guilty of eating raw chocolate chip cookie dough and licking the beaters, bowls, spoons and spatulas with remnants of cake batter since a child and still living to tell about it. However I've had tummy aches for eating too much 🍪 cookie dough!

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

They just now did a segment on the "dangers" of eating what your making in the kitchen before it's cooked on GMA.  I just said to myself "what"? LOL

Now, I wouldn't in restaurents or other people's homes where they have different cleanliness standards, pets, etc.

@SharkE.   It's the raw eggs that would be the problem.