Trusted Contributor

Re: Any thoughts on Nespresso machines?

[ Edited ]

If you like coffee, really like coffee, that's what you should buy.  I have used Nespresso for years, and now I have the virtuose, you can make a long cup of coffee or espresso.  I used two pods of the espresso, I also have the milk steamer, and use non fat mostly foam.  It's just fantastic.  I do buy the coffee on line, comes in 2 days, I do know that here where I live, Bloomingdales does sell it, but why bother?

Honored Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

@Q4u  Yes, but the last time I got coffee, I had to order online. There might be places carrying it now. They are pretty fast though and reward you with extras for buying after so many. 

Uh oh.....  I've had my eye on the brand because it does so much and we can now get sugar-free syrups to make the good stuff (with non-fat milk and light whipped - makes a diabetic happy!) but I've thought that it didn't make regular coffee and have put it out of my mind.  But now I'm in trouble.... LOL!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

LOL! I am no coffee drinker.. In fact I NEVER drank coffee in my life..

THEN, I saw this great email from Williama Sonoma about a year ago, with a fabulous deal on an adorable Nespresso machine..."Well, I thought, my friends and family like coffee, and that would be do cute on my bar, and we could do awesome after dinner drinks?..."

I am now a total Nespresso addict!?. Love love love it...in fact everyone loves it! Got the cool wooden box to store the pods..just wish I could find espresso cups that are true "Lungo" size...seems if you add a little syrup or liqueur they are too small, sometimes too small even if you don't...

GET one! You won't be sorry!

Respected Contributor

What is the vendor that recycles the pods?

Since I switched to Rogers Family coffee, my Keurig has produced great coffee. It is the quality of the pods/bean, versus the other pods, and Rogers Family is 100% recyclable.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just checked:  They are Revol Froisses!  Google them!  They come in lots of colors, but the white ones are my favorites!

I have THE cutest cups for the Nespressos!  They look like a crumpled paper cup. There are small and large ones, and I think Sur La Table and Amazon both have them.  I THINK they are by Revol--can't remember!  People think they are great to drink out of too!

I have Nespresso Pixie models and love them!

Respected Contributor

They have the Lungo size cups on the website Mothertrucker. The Lungo setting is twice the amount of water used in the espresso. They recommend that you use only the lungo pods for that setting since the exposure is timed for maximum flavor for each.

Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
What is the vendor that recycles the pods?

Since I switched to Rogers Family coffee, my Keurig has produced great coffee. It is the quality of the pods/bean, versus the other pods, and Rogers Family is 100% recyclable.

you get the postage paid envelopes to send in your pods from Nespresso directly. Or you can usually get some  from Williams and Sonoma as well. Nespresso recycles them.

Contributor

Yes, the ROCK! They make authentic tasking cappuccinos, with amazing froth! Heart

QVC Customer Care