Esteemed Contributor

Any suggestions for a good tea kettle?

I want to get my sister a great new tea kettle for X-mas. Any suggestions for a good brand/style/make?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any suggestions for a good tea kettle?

I love my whistling Simplex. I have a copper one but they also make chrome. they are beautiful and elegant and should last a lifetime if taken care of. you can find them on the Simplex website, Amazon, Williams-Sonoma.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, mocha honey! That's great to know; I want to get her a nice one.
Valued Contributor

I recently purchased a Chef's Choice electric tea kettle from Kohl's. I absolutely love it. The cord is attached to the base so you can pick up the kettle without having to worry about the cord. It has an auto shut off. I use it to heat water for iced tea, to warm up my dishwater, and to add hot water to recipes on the stove. I even used it to heat water to defrost my chest freezer. Made the job so much easier. Best appliance purchase I have made in years. I used a 30% off coupon online and also used the Kohl's cash I had. Mine was originally $49.99. You can also search these boards for other threads about different electric kettles. The threads prompted me to purchase one and I'm so glad I did !!!

Honored Contributor

I had a cheap plastic electric kettle and LOVED it. I have a fancy stainless with temperature selection now and I LOVE it too! It is a great way to boil water in a jiffy! I have a Chantal one (great) and a Staub one (great and beautiful) in the garage and the electric has a space always on my counter top.

Respected Contributor

I love my electric tea kettle! There are a number out there, just head over to Amazon or QVC and see what they have. There are tons of reviews, as electric tea kettles are used in the bulk of Europe and Asia.

Honored Contributor

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I got this bad boy (KRUPS) a couple years ago...$90 @ Bed, Bath & Beyond. Programmable & heats the water super-quick.

Super Contributor

Get her a cordless electric. The cord stays with the base. The boil much faster than the stove, a good one will have an automatic turn off so they are safe. My mother kept forgetting she put the kettle on and ruined quite a few so I got her an electric one. She loves it now. I think the same water gets boiled 3 times before she gets it the cup though lol .......I have used an electric kettle for years. I don't even have a stove stop model anymore. I'm a big time tea drinker, 5 old sometimes more cups a day
Honored Contributor

On 11/9/2014 bichon_emma said: Get her a cordless electric. The cord stays with the base. The boil much faster than the stove, a good one will have an automatic turn off so they are safe. My mother kept forgetting she put the kettle on and ruined quite a few so I got her an electric one. She loves it now. I think the same water gets boiled 3 times before she gets it the cup though lol .......I have used an electric kettle for years. I don't even have a stove stop model anymore. I'm a big time tea drinker, 5 old sometimes more cups a day

I agree 100 percent! Both of my electrics have been cordless.

Trusted Contributor

After seeing how common the electric ones are when on a trip to England, we opted for an electric kettle and love it.