Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any recommendations for really good kitchen shears.....

@faeriemoon   ... America's Test Kitchen recommends Shun Multi Purpose Shears, Stainless Steel Kitchen Scissors, DM7300 Black, 3.5 Inch Blade.  You can find them on Amazon for $54.95.   

They also list  HENCKELS Heavy Duty Kitchen Shears that Come Apart, Dishwasher Safe, Black, Stainless Steel as a best buy.   You can find them on Amazon for $32.76.

I find that America's Test Kitchen product recommendations are great.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another vote for Cutco.  I have a good pair of Cutco, that I kind of hide, or would be used on everything in the house.  Mine were a gift long ago, I had no idea they cost that much.  

I do have a 4 set of MCM shears that I do have in several rooms in the house.  I think the last set I bought were $28/29 with free shipping.  I know this past holiday season they were near $35.  I’ve given those to family members also, and everyone loves them.  

Honored Contributor

Thank you again to those who are continuing to post.  I'm not going to be tempted to grab a pair of KitchenAids when I go to Homegoods later today!!

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon  Have to say, I've had great luck with Kuhn Rikon shears sold right here on the Q. They come in sets of four and I've ordered two sets in various colors because they worked out so well for me, I give them as little 'token' gifts. Perhaps I've just been lucky or perhaps I'm not very demanding of shears but they've done everything I ask of them and have held up well.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Thank you!