Contributor

Any recommendations for non stick broiler pans that really work?

Are there any ceramic broiler pans?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any recommendations for non stick broiler pans that really work?

[ Edited ]

You may want to go into a local Williams-Sonoma.  You can buy online. The site is having a sale on different grill pans. You can call them for information.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a stainless steel broiling pan that a use almost everyday.  It s about five yeas old and looks brand new.  Nothing sticks to it.  I use it as a roasting pan too,

It cleans up in the dishwasher, but I have washed it by hand, especially if  need it use it again before I run the dishwasher.

This miracle pan is called The WaterBroiler. It was invented by Lee Drannan Smithson. I can be purchased for $60 which includes postage.  You have I one year to return it for a full refund ncludng return postage.

I have mentioned this broiler pan on this forum before as I really love it.  It i the most often used  items in my kitchen.  There is no way I'd ever buy or use another type of broiler pan.

You can read all about it and order from waterbroiler dot com.

Respected Contributor

I have had terrible luck with nonstick frying pans.  I'm not sure whether broiler pans would be different.  The coating always chips and cracks.  I prefer stainless steel.  A good stainless steel pan will last forever.

Esteemed Contributor

I found a broiler pan at BiLo that is made from the same material as those black turkey roasting pans!!  It cleans so easily, love it!

Trusted Contributor

I am nit sure a nonstick surface would really hold up to the intense heat of the broiler.  It would seem that it would break down quickly -- even the newer ceramic-type nonstick coatings.

A stainless pan or enamel coated pan would probably work better,

Contributor

Thank you all for the suggestions on the stainless steel.

Honored Contributor

I would definitely go with a heavy stainless steel one.  

Nonstick really shouldn't be exposed to heat as high as what you'll have when you broil.   That's usually around 500F and nonstick really shouldn't be exposed to higher than 400F to maybe 425F.