Super Contributor

Re: Any one know what Emeril's TSV is going to be?

I want a pressure cooker but have held off because there are so many mixed reviews on the ones I have seen. Even other sites have mixed reviews. Does it make a difference that the pressure valve is plastic? Seems like everything is plastic and made in China anymore.......and people wonder why people can't find decent jobs.

Super Contributor

On 1/26/2014 ellietoo said:

I want a pressure cooker but have held off because there are so many mixed reviews on the ones I have seen. Even other sites have mixed reviews. Does it make a difference that the pressure valve is plastic? Seems like everything is plastic and made in China anymore.......and people wonder why people can't find decent jobs.

Wow! You said it!

I've said it over and over again. I would be pleased to pay more for a quality American-made kitchen item.

I get ignored every time I bring it up.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it's undoubtedly made in China. If you don't want to purchase such items, then you won't be buying it.

I ordered it because of the good reviews on several sites. I'm looking forward to getting it. If it is defective in any way (which can happen with a product made in the gool ol' USA), then I'll return it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland