Frequent Contributor

Re: Any one have a counter top ice cube maker?

I have an older home with plaster walls so I cannot have a ice maker in the refrig.  I have had a counter top ice maker for years. I have worn out 2 of them.

Right now I have a Frigidaire.  Works great, easy to clean with baking soda & vinegar.

It makes ice so quickly that I never worry about storing  extra cubes in the freezer.  If you have cubes left in the machine, they will melt back into the water well.

Honored Contributor

Re: On: Any one have a counter top ice cube maker?

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@SouthernBee 

I would not be happy with that. I would have told them to take it back & deliver a new refrigerator that I paid for?

@Nightowlz : The photo under the fridge door not taken until today. I couldn't bend down to see it and only touch and feel. They said just package material and will come off. They said the other spots could be rubbed off with a microfiber cloth.

I called Lowe's and asked for the salesman to return my call but didn't. Trying to determine whom to call and get this documented and corrected.

@SouthernBee 

If the salesman does not call you back I would call to talk to the manager. I don't know if the microfiber cloth will take off the scratches or not. Depends on the depth of the scratches or if it just looks like scratches. 

Honored Contributor

Re: On: Any one have a counter top ice cube maker?

@Nightowlz : Talked with the salesman and the damage management team yesterday. I have a case number and someone to call within 24 to schedule for a delivery team to come out investigate. They will examine the hole to determine if wires are damaged or not and bring a part to cover that area. If not damaged will clean and cover the area. Then see if the scratches can be removed . If everything is taken care of and I approve then problem solved. If not will order replacement.

I really hope a replacement is not needed. 

DH has a lot of medical issues and can't comprehend so many things and thinks that I have over reacted and causing extra stress with constant comments and questions. I know this is everyday life stuff but dealing with this for several months and the holidays just physically and mentally worn out.