Respected Contributor

Re: Any ideas for left over Roast Beef?

Saute some onions with mushrooms.....slice the RB really, really thin (if you have a slicer even better).

Use a piece of bread of your choice...pile on the RB....add the mushrooms and onions then top with cheese of your choice...stick under the broiler til it melts to your liking.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Regular Contributor

On 3/17/2015 nomless said: Beef salad.. Chop it up fine, onion, pickle relish, mayo, salt, pepper.

Yes, this is so good, esp. on sourdough bread.Or a lettuce wrap.

Honored Contributor

Soup. I like to put pulled beef in my vegetable soup. Use vegetables of choice. If you have broth you can use some or all of that too.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Aside from sandwiches, I make tacos, burritos, or quesadillas out of left over beef/steak. I recently charcoal grilled four steaks, two for dinner, and the other two I froze individually specifically for future tacos, etc., because they will have the great flavor, and all I have to do is to thaw, cut into small chunks, and stir fry in a cast iron pan briefly so as not to overcook it.

Super Contributor

Thanks for all the great ideas! I don't normally have this much roast beef left over. Maybe enough for another meal of hot open roast beef or a sandwich or two. Wow, can I freeze cooked roast beef?
Honored Contributor

My first thoughts would be BBQ, as I love beef BBQ. Yes, you can wrap this meat well and freeze it. When I freeze beef, I do so with the thought I will use it for vegetable soup, as at that point it needs to be in a dish with other ingredients where the focus is not so much on the meat.
Respected Contributor

On 3/17/2015 AnikaBrodie said:

Soup. I like to put pulled beef in my vegetable soup. Use vegetables of choice. If you have broth you can use some or all of that too.

Me too. Beef vegetable soup is really good. I save all the leftover pieces of beef in the freezer and the broth and then make a huge pot of soup.
Valued Contributor

I usually always do veggie beef w/barley soup with my leftover RB. I always like to do French Dip sandwich. Get some yummy rolls, make the sandwiches with what you like. I use mayo, provolone cheese, and S&P. Wrap in foil and warm in an oven for a bit. If I don't have any au jus from when I made my roast, I buy the packet in the spice aisle.

cooking

Honored Contributor

Tangy Roast Beef Sandwiches

Prep 10 minutes Bake 2 1/2 hours Makes 12 servings

1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 3 lbs.)
2 t. salt, divided
1 t. pepper, divided
2 T. canola oil
2 cups water
1 cup ketchup
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 T. chili powder
1 garlic clove, minced
12 Kaiser rolls, split

1. Sprinkle roast with 1/2 t. salt and 1/2 t. pepper. In a dutch over, brown roast in oil on both sides; drain. Combine the water, ketchup, onion, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, garlic and remaining salt and pepper; pour over meat.
2. Cover and bake at 325* for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast; let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Skim fat from cooking juices. Return meat to the pan; heat through. Serve on rolls.

You could heat up the beef and make this sauce. It is good.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I don't do much beef anymore, but one thing I used to do was make a beef stroganoff with leftover roast, etc.