Contributor

With all the food shows, has anybody noticed any shipping delays beyond what you would ordinarily expect?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any food shipping delays?

[ Edited ]

My dog food  from Chewy has been delayed quite a long time.

My chicken (also  for my little doggie)  that I get on A/D from  Q V C  has been delayed too.

I cannot get  birdseed  any where  Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

Same here with Chewy.  It's been two weeks and hasn't shipped yet.

Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma Can't imagine not finding bird seed.........try Rohrer in Lancaster PA - I assume they still have quick delivery.

I have an order placed at Duncraft which I expect will be delivered end of this week.

Chewy and those guys have inferior seed so I never bother with them.

Trusted Contributor

Junior's ships in very quickly, as usual.  All of the other orders I have placed recently are on at least a one week shipping schedule, with one week being the low end.

Esteemed Contributor

Dog food..........perhaps they aren't open.  All non essential businesses had to close - I can't even get a hair cut.

For animal food - best to visit your grocery store to get you by until situation changes.

Trusted Contributor

@akxss  If you are talking about the food shows on QVC mine was delayed.  I ordered some Rastelli pork steaks.  It usually ships within 2 days, but it took a week before shipping.  Someone from QVC called and left voice mail  saying due to the circumstances there were delays in processing times. 

Trusted Contributor

I have to check on delivery impacts every day for my job below are what UPS and FedEx are indicating.  I tell my clients that although the US is not reporting any delays we can expect some extended timeframes for shipping based on extra precautions that have been put in place.  USPS also has a list of shipping concerns on their website by state.

FedEx

Due to the crucial role we play in moving supply chains and delivering critical relief, FedEx is considered an essential business and may continue to operate under state of emergency and shelter in place orders recently issued in
the U.S.

We have been and will continue to operate to and from impacted areas as local conditions and restrictions allow. The safety and well-being of our team members is our top priority as they continue to deliver critical goods and services to support communities across the globe.

Prior to shipping, please check to see if your recipient's location is open, as many commercial businesses are now closed. In the event a delivery location is closed, we will follow our current operating procedures to attempt to complete delivery at a later time. 

UPS

The majority of our services continue with the same expected delivery timeframes our customers have come to expect.  While we have suspended our Service Guarantee in light of  overall Coronavirus uncertainties, we remain committed to providing timely and reliable service.

UPS is maintaining delivery services except where limited by government restrictions. We are working in partnership with governments around the world to obtain exceptions that allow our operations to continue wherever possible, even in restricted areas.  UPS delivery operations have been designated critical infrastructure by governments and we continue to pick up and deliver, even in restricted areas.

Frequent Contributor

My Schwan's man did not deliver last Thursday.  My order is every other week.  I received an email from Schwan's and it said they will not make my delivery until April 16th.  This is after Easter, and will make me going 1 month without my order, which is already paid for.  They did not give me a reason, although I understand the dire circumstances in which we and they are in.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

As far as QVC goes, my auto-delivery order of Cheryl's cookies shipped yesterday and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow; it is just one state away, so I'm confident it will arrive right on time.

I paid for expedited shipping for an Easter gift from Swiss Colony last week and received it within the two business days specified.

ETA: The cookies are coming via UPS and the Swiss Colony box came via FedEx, in case those are useful details...