Honored Contributor

Re: Any fans of See's Candies?

On 1/27/2015 melmac1114 said:
On 1/27/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 1/27/2015 melmac1114 said: I was introduced to Sees a couple of years ago when a co-worker shared a box of Victoria Toffee that he received from a business associate during the holidays. It was so amazing that I looked them up on-line and found-out they're in California. I had never heard of them before, but now I order from them once or twice a year. Their peanut brittle is so good, I would never buy "ordinary" peanut brittle again. Their chocolates are top notch. You can create your own 1lb., 2lb., etc. boxes and their website shows photos of whats inside each as well as providing descriptions. Their Mayfairs are one of my favorites.

melmac, there is no peanut brittle that can compare! i hate to have to open a large box because once it is open i have no self control. LOL it is safer to buy the smallest box.

i am now craving some sees.......i will have to get my s/o to send me a box or two BEFORE valentines day. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

LOL! I think I hooked a few people on the peanut brittle and maple cashew brittle over the holidays this past year (this past Thanksgiving was the first time I ordered them).

That was the only candy my father liked, See's peanut brittle. I used to get him a box every Christmas.

I love it, too, but I have a hard time just eating one or two pieces at a time, lol.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

I cannot get it locally but I have fond memories of my father bringing it back to us (my sister and myself) after trips to California. Loved it and it makes me remember him with tears when I hear the name.

Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2015 NickNack said:
On 1/27/2015 soonersis said:

I should have also mentioned that my favorite candies are dark chocolate. How do they compare with Godiva's dark chocolate flavors, as I really like them.

I bought a box of See's candies this Christmas. I love Godiva, and I didn't like the See's nearly as well. You should try them and see what you think.

I've had Godiva many times, I'd take Sees over that any day.

There's an upscale mall in SF with a Godiva shop and a Sees. The Godiva shop is never busy but the Sees is and usually has a line of eager buyers coming out the door.

Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2015 bonnielu said:

I cannot get it locally but I have fond memories of my father bringing it back to us (my sister and myself) after trips to California. Loved it and it makes me remember him with tears when I hear the name.

You can send for it, See's is online:

http://www.sees.com/?gclid=CLqpp5Krt8MCFQpffgodZDIAnw

The only time they don't do mail orders is during the hot summer, they don't want orders to melt in the heat.

Valued Contributor

See's is the best (to me!)!! They are all over California!

My cousin visited once from Illinois, and she had never had See's. She was commenting how great Fannie Mae's candy is/was! I told her she needed to try See's, but I couldn't compare to Fannie Mae's, because I had never had it before. After she tried See's, she couldn't believe how much better she liked it. She took some home to family when she left.

At about $18-$18.50 per lb., it can get expensive, but once-in-a-while is good! Smiley Happy

I purchase the 2-pk of one-pound gift certificates at Costco. They always have them...it saves about $3 pr lb, if I am remembering correctly. Regardless, it's a great savings! They can be used on anything in the store, not just a pound of candy...

I like their Almond covered Toffee, Toffee-ettes, Peanut Crunch, Truffles (some more than others...just an individual preference)...and almost everything! :/

*We also have a See's location that offers Business Gift Discounts and Fundraising items. in the city next to us. After businesses reach a qualified amount for the year, employees can get a discounted rate. It's probably MORE than $3 per lb savings.(School Districts, Credit Unions, etc...are offered the discounts - we just show our most current pay stub). At holiday times, one of us employees makes a run to pick up an order for other employees at our site.

http://qd.sees.com/index.cfm/shop_locations/Discount_Shop_List

TMI, I'm sure!!! Sorry! ....No, I don't work for See's....I'd be so sick of candy if I did! :/

Honored Contributor

Mr. Lily and I met while working in Chicago but we didn't know each other very well. He took a job in California. I was promoted to the head office in New Jersey. We wrote letters. He sent me See's Candies. It was then I knew for sure he was a keeper!!!

Favorite items: Assorted Dark Chocolates -- especially the dark chocolate raspberry -- and peanut and cashew brittle. YUMMY!!!!

Honored Contributor

The only See's around here are at Lord & Taylor's. They are few and far between and I don't shop there so have never had See's, unfortunately.

Respected Contributor

On 1/28/2015 NCshoppergal said:

Oh my gosh! I would kill for a See's candy store . I grew up in Ca but now live in NC.

Everything is good and fresh. They give samples when you walk in , and you can go in and just buy a piece or two. I love the Bordeau and the marshmallow/ carmels covered in Choc!

If you are in the charlotte area, the kiosk is near Belks. They are there til Easter!
Respected Contributor

Sees Candy is here in Sn. California. I think it is comparable to Fannie Mae's in the Chicago area. Both very good.

Valued Contributor

I just bought 2#'s for dh and my valentine's day present. Broke into it already. I grew up in southern California and my mother worked at See's years ago