Trusted Contributor

Re: Any fans of See's Candies?

I love chocolates! See's Candy is really very good, but I like Fannie May Candy better...especially the pixies!

Trusted Contributor

Ohhh...my favorite food. Even the "suckers" are good. Nuts and chews...I know a girl who worked at their factory in South San Francisco. She either quit or got fired (she never said) because she could not stop eating candy. I don't give a hoot for Godiva, not at all.
Trusted Contributor

Do you remember how good Fannie May chocolates used to be? (I think they have gone downhill a lot in the last few years.) Anyway, take how good FM used to be times 10 and that's how good See's is. My sister, who lives in CA, brought them here to the Midwest one year for Christmas and we all thought they were superb.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

We have a See's kiosk in a large mall here around the holidays ......hard to pick a favorite....love everything I have tried from See's
Trusted Contributor

I like many of the different flavors of their assorted chocolates. They taste very rich and decadent to me. They are very fine quality, to me.

I also love their assorted lollipops. Those are one of my favorite types of candy that they make.

Valued Contributor

Yes to all the candies mentioned previously! I also like the dark chocolate raspberry and dark chocolate pineapple. One of my all time favorites is now discontinued...it was dark chocolate over a mint gel.

You can order online.

Respected Contributor

We have a kiosk in the mall from Thanksgiving til Easter in one of our malls. No stores in the southeast. Love their candy!! Lollipops, caramels and scotchmellows are my faves! I drool all over their website.
Valued Contributor

We used to get sees whenever we went shopping at the mall, then went and had coffee at the little coffee place. Sees candy goes really well with coffee! I miss that, I hardly go to the mall to shop now.
Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Caligurll said:
On 1/27/2015 moonchilde said:
On 1/27/2015 Caligurll said:
On 1/27/2015 MargieRJ said:

If you like Godiva chocolates, try a box of See's truffles. They are really good.

And half the price.

I love going into the store and picking out a custom half pound of fresh truffles. I have not been there (I really should go) but I live a 20 min. drive from the factory.

moonchilde, that sounds like a great day trip!

Except there are no tours, you can't go in the factory, etc. but there is of course a store there too. But the candy in that particular store must be REALLY fresh :-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Contributor

Really excellent chocolate. A favorite. I love the small silver box assortment. Truffles excellent too.