Honored Contributor

Re: Any fans of See's Candies?

On 1/27/2015 soonersis said:

I should have also mentioned that my favorite candies are dark chocolate. How do they compare with Godiva's dark chocolate flavors, as I really like them.

I LOVE See's candy and Fran's chocolates but I do not like Godiva at all. I always feel like there is an oily film on the roof of my mouth after I eat them so maybe you won't like See's.

Valued Contributor

On 1/27/2015 moonchilde said:
On 1/27/2015 Caligurll said:
On 1/27/2015 MargieRJ said:

If you like Godiva chocolates, try a box of See's truffles. They are really good.

And half the price.

I love going into the store and picking out a custom half pound of fresh truffles. I have not been there (I really should go) but I live a 20 min. drive from the factory.

I LOVE See's. I'm an east coaster, however, I buy it at Christmas time from a kiosk in the mall near me. I also get the candy sent to me from relatives that live out in LA on holidays.

Moonchilde - You are so lucky living right near the factory. If I lived that close, I'd be going there constantly. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} My one relative happened to be driving by the factory on his way to a business meeting and purposely pulled over and snapped a picture of the factory and sent it to me from his cell phone knowing I'd be thrilled. AND I WAS! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 LeoGrl said:
On 1/27/2015 moonchilde said:
On 1/27/2015 Caligurll said:
On 1/27/2015 MargieRJ said:

If you like Godiva chocolates, try a box of See's truffles. They are really good.

And half the price.

I love going into the store and picking out a custom half pound of fresh truffles. I have not been there (I really should go) but I live a 20 min. drive from the factory.

I LOVE See's. I'm an east coaster, however, I buy it at Christmas time from a kiosk in the mall near me. I also get the candy sent to me from relatives that live out in LA on holidays.

Moonchilde - You are so lucky living right near the factory. If I lived that close, I'd be going there constantly. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} My one relative happened to be driving by the factory on his way to a business meeting and purposely pulled over and snapped a picture of the factory and sent it to me from his cell phone knowing I'd be thrilled. AND I WAS! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I only indulge very occasionally, because I'm diabetic. But sometimes ... :-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

Delish. Love their truffles.
Contributor

I'm a big fan also. I love the mixed nuts as well as the candies. I buy candies every Christmas and buy extra for unexpected needed gifts. I've yet to purchase any that weren't good. I loved buying a custom picked box of goodies for us to eat. We didn't need it but we loved it!!

Respected Contributor

I think See's candy is excellent. My favorite combination box is the Nuts and Chews. Their toffee is excellent. I cannot go back to N.J. to visit Mom without taking her several Pecan Bars. A coworker/friend in the Midwest set me a box of Fannie May chocolates 10-15 years ago. Those were the best chocolates I ever tasted. I'm sorry to hear that they have gone downhill since then. Don't think you can beat See's candy at this point in time. I don't really like chocolate or eat it very often. But, when I have a craving, I head for See's.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

The local Costcos sell discount gift certificates - sometimes $29for two one pound boxes, which would usually be $42 if bought from Sees. Big thing for Xmas giving locally.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Only eat their white chocolate. Apple pie truffle is my favorite .

Respected Contributor

We love See's chocolates!!

Favorites:

Dark Chocolate and Light Chocolate Mints

Truffles (all flavors, but especially the fruit ones)

Brittle

Lollipops

Chocolate Easter Bunny (the large one)

They also have very good sugar-free candies.

Everything they make is good!

Trusted Contributor

Oh its wonderful. Shop at your own risk!!!! :-)