Valued Contributor

Re: Any extreme couponers out there? I'm floored by this show!

I was semi-fascinated by this show for a few episodes. But then, as logic set in (as a previous poster said),I started feeling kinda grossed out by the whole thing. A few ppl put their coupons to good use for charity organizations--which was a great idea. However, seeing basements full of cereal boxes, canned goods, etc., was kinda like watching someone prepare for the apocalypse. Also, how can a family go through so much cereal or chips without the items getting stale? Also, where is the fresh food? And finally, what does one do with 75 bottles of body wash????
Valued Contributor

I love the idea of saving on some household items--I really do. Like laundry detergent, dish washing stuff, etc. But IMO, much of it seems over the too .
Frequent Contributor

I have seen that show. I do coupon, however I use coupons only for the things that I would typically buy and only if the coupon is for the brand that I would typically get. If there is a BOGO on something that I would not use 2 of, I get the free one and give it to my Mom to use as she is on a fixed income and spends all that on her meds. I do not believe in having or collecting something just because the opportunity is there if it will not be used.

On a side note: There is another show called Cheapskates. Oh my! These people are frugal to the point of being gross but I can't stop watching this show when it's on!

Regular Contributor

I don't know where these people live, but I know there isn't a store anyplace even remotely close to where I live that offers double coupons!!!! I haven't seen a store do that since the early 80's!!! If these folks are so fixed on saving money...why do they buy so many things that they have no use for...that's senseless and wasteful to me to buy something just because you have a coupon for it!!! And another thing...don't these family's ever eat meat??? That's always the biggest expense at the grocery store for me, and I never see coupon's for a $1 off a chuck roast, etc. Wynn Dixie stores have BOGO on meat all the time, but I still couldn't get out the store with hundreds of dollars in food for a couple bucks!!