Honored Contributor

Re: Any comments on Wolfgang's Blender vs. the Vitamix

[ Edited ]

One thing I remember distinctly is that when he first came out with this blender, and was comparing it to the Vitamix (w/o actually naming it), there ended up being a lot of bad reviews due to his blender smoking, over-heating, and in some cases catching fire and burning peoples' counters.  The same type of stuff was happening with his counter-top convection oven.

Of course, they changed the item number shortly after that which makes the reviews go away.  They did that with both products.

Hopefully, if there were such problems, they were corrected and he is putting out a better product.    But it's disconcerting that they will remove reviews from products if they are bad, and then keep selling them.  They've done that so many times over the years.

From my experience, though, his products USED TO be of much greater quality and in the last several years that quality went away for the most part.   I remember his ss pots/pans that were always 18/10 and pretty good quality.  Then that went down.  I had purchased a large stock pot from that same line, several years ago, and the quality was awful.   It was pretty cheap, so not worth returning and I just tossed it.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

V@chickenbutt wrote:

One thing I remember distinctly is that when he first came out with this blender, and was comparing it to the Vitamix (w/o actually naming it), there ended up being a lot of bad reviews due to his blender smoking, over-heating, and in some cases catching fire and burning peoples' counters.  The same type of stuff was happening with his counter-top convection oven.

Of course, they changed the item number shortly after that which makes the reviews go away.  They did that with both products.

Hopefully, if there were such problems, they were corrected and he is putting out a better product.    But it's disconcerting that they will remove reviews from products if they are bad, and then keep selling them.  They've done that so many times over the years.

From my experience, though, his products USED TO be of much greater quality and in the last several years that quality went away for the most part.   I remember his ss pots/pans that were always 18/10 and pretty good quality.  Then that went down.  I had purchased a large stock pot from that same line, several years ago, and the quality was awful.   It was pretty cheap, so not worth returning and I just tossed it.

My Vitamix is made in USA.   Still going strong after 10 years of heavy use.  IMO, the best.   If you have the budget, buy one.   Done.   Not expensive.

BTW, W.P. products  made in China, Thailand,  or Korea.   All low quality junk.   But. If you don’t use a blender much, W.P. , and others are OK.  Just don’t try all that a Vitamix can do.  Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I agree with Hung--it is all about the dollar and cents of it--if you can afford a VM then go for it, if not go with a different one--I saved my dimes and pennies for months and bought a brand new VM that I use all the time and would never use another brand. My last VM was my moms, that she bought new in 1980 and  used it until 2016 when it finally gave up the ghost. 

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

My Vitamix doesn't work like the demos.  Anyone have and like Wolfgang's blender?  Much lower price, but don't know if it is good quality.

@Daysdee  If your Vitamix doesn't work like the demos, call the company.  Mine is 7 o 8 years old, is used all the time and everything works just like the demos.

If yours doesn't, there is either something wrong with the unit or there's something in using it that you are missing.  Call the company.  There is absolutely no reason to be thinking about another blender unless yours is broke if you have a Vitamix.  I can't think of anything another blender could possibly do.

Respected Contributor

Having purchased Wolfgang's fryer years ago I would say his items are not of good quality.  There is plastic where there should be metal. Hinges break or crack and are no longer useful. Returned it for a new one and the same thing happened. Wont be purchasing any W.P. small appliances again. Not worth the hassel. I have had my VitaMix for years. Never a problem. Nothing compares to a VitaMix. It is the best.

Honored Contributor

Thanks to all for your suggestions.  Definitely not buying Wolfgang's blender even though I do like some of his items.  (like his spiralizer)  Will work on or call about my Vitamix.  Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Thanks to all for your suggestions.  Definitely not buying Wolfgang's blender even though I do like some of his items.  (like his spiralizer)  Will work on or call about my Vitamix.  Thanks again.

@DaysdeePlease do give them a call!  That puppy ought to work right and I know YOU know what you are doing!  Keep us posted.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Daysdee

If you need it to grind celery (such as you would if adding celery to a green drink), then get the Vitamix.  It's the only one that can do this without the celery strings getting all caught in the blades.

(Just fyi, I don't call green drinks "smoothies" since I don't put dairy in them.  A pet peeve is calling everything "smoothies.")

If not, I can't comment on Puck's products as I've never used any of them.

If you're having issues with your Vitamix, you may be eligible for the replacement blade offer (or $70) at www.blendersettlement.com

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Regular Contributor

There are a few reasons why WP sells a "comparable" unit with the Vitamix for hundreds less and I doubt I have to explain such reasoning. Like myself, those who cook a lot or have restaurant experience tend to use V.M. rather than WP. Establishments, depending on such appliances, are not running to ole Wolfie! When I watch HSN, I ALWAYS get a laugh when his blender is compared with a VM or the one made by Dash and I literally burst out laughing when the Dash rep (blond with the ponytail) tries passing off less quality as better. Is it too much to ask for honest and sincere representation of products? Although I find Wolfgang somewhat entertaining, he strikes me as a man who will put his name on anything found in the kitchen.