Honored Contributor

Any comments on Wolfgang's Blender vs. the Vitamix

My Vitamix doesn't work like the demos.  Anyone have and like Wolfgang's blender?  Much lower price, but don't know if it is good quality.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any comments on Wolfgang's Blender vs. the Vitamix

@Daysdee wrote:

My Vitamix doesn't work like the demos.  Anyone have and like Wolfgang's blender?  Much lower price, but don't know if it is good quality.

@Daysdee  Just curious - what are you having a problem with?  I've never tried the soup, but otherwise our Vitamix does everything it's supposed to do.  I have to say though, that we did buy it directly from Vitamix a few years ago.  Are QVC Vitamixes different?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

When you pay that much money for a Vitamix, it certainly should work.  What is the problem?   It does not seem right for you to purchase another product.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Just my own experience, but I had the Wolfgng blender and then finally got sucked into the Vitamix vortex and bought one. For my needs, which are pretty basic, the Wolfgang one is every bit as good as the Vitamix. I haven't made soup or nut butters, but now Wolfie is making those on his shows, so if you aren't going to be making flour or things like that (which I also believe Wolfgang has shown), you would probably be fine with his. The one I have is the version behind the one he showed today.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Daysdee  I have Wolfgang Puck's commercial blender for the last 2 years and I love it.  I use it every day and have had no problems with it.  It's powerful and I use it for smoothies, soups and nut butters.

Trusted Contributor

A Vitamix and blender are not one in the same.

Respected Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

A Vitamix and blender are not one in the same.

The Vitamix is listed as a blender.  I also own the WP and it does everything  the VM does, including soups.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Contributor

Wolfgang made his own comparison yesterday when, in his last presentation, he quite vocally invited HSN customers to (paraphrasing) “check QVC and what they are charging $450 for a VitaMix, compared to my blender, which has greater HP and can do all the sames thing for $130!”  He further stated that he used to use Vmix in his restaurants, but why spend that much on a machine that does what his does at a substantial lower price. Later, in a presentation for Vmix, the vendor, Jan, on QVC, who was obviously made aware of Puck’s comments, countered directly and rather emphatically, without calling Puck out directly. Puck has always been pretty unfiltered during his presentations on HSN, where he has sold a ton in the 20 years he’s been on. Doubt QVC will take any action. 

Respected Contributor

If you have a Vitamix, you don't need another blender. Just learn to use the VItamix. There are many Vitamix groups on Facebook and YouTube. Try looking at those and see if anything hits for you.
Respected Contributor

I have Wolfgang's blender and since I knew I would not use it daily chose it. It makes nice heated cream soups. I make a Butternut Squash one and homemade salad dressings. A smoothie on occasion. I pop it in the dishwasher anyway as salad dressings are so oily. No problems. Never owned a Vitamix but happy with the Puck.