Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any New Year's Resolutions about your Temp-tations purchasing?

On 1/8/2015 happy housewife said:

Kitty mom you can keep at this all day - I am not going to fight with you over this - I am as entitled to my opinion as anyone else and I have stated mine. DONE.

Well, you must admit, you are doing your share. You are most certainly entitled to your opinion, as am I - and I've made my point. As I said - no arguments. Smile And I do like your siggy! Now I'm taking your advice... Wink

When faced with senseless drama, spiteful criticism or misguided opinions walking away is the best way to defend yourself.To respond with anger is an endorsement of their attitude. -Dodinsky

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/8/2015 gkelly5744 said:

Kitty mom you can keep at this all day - I am not going to fight with you over this - I am as entitled to my opinion as anyone else and I have stated mine. DONE.

hh, this is what this posters does & seems to enjoy doing...coming here to the Temp-tation threads to argue...with anyone!! just take a look and see for yourself! For the majority of the time I just "ignore" this one...not worth the time to go back & forth!!

Hi gkelly, haven't seen you much lately. I am so glad you ignore me... although you do manage to "talk" to me a lot in spite of it. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} And as far as HH goes, it takes two to tango, thank you. And maybe someone could look up the meaning of "argue" - I have not argued with anyone, I have simply stated my thoughts and opinions. Have a great day! Smile

Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2015 Perkup said:

Well, since I've committed myself to no more purchases for a while (a long while), there's no point in thinking about TempTations, since I won't be buying any.

Hope all of you enjoy your pieces, and Happy New Year to everyone.

I won't say i am committed to no more purchases but it would have to be something exceptional and really pretty or unique.

Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2015 Perkup said:

Well, since I've committed myself to no more purchases for a while (a long while), there's no point in thinking about TempTations, since I won't be buying any.

Hope all of you enjoy your pieces, and Happy New Year to everyone.

I would say the same. I have a lot of sets and no plans to add anymore to my kitchen. I don't think the newer pieces are of as good a quality. JMO

Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2015 kittymomNC said:
On 1/8/2015 happy housewife said: While I am fond of the pieces I own , esp. My rooster cassaroles, I really do not need or feel compelled to buy more. I saw a picture on Facebook of someone who put up shelves in her kitchen to hold all her TT , OMG, it was an entire wall, floor to ceiling and wall to wall. What on earth would make anyone buy that much bakeware? IMO, it did not look pretty stacked on shelves and I'm sure it is probably too dusty to actually use it. At some point you have to think this person needs therapy.

Maybe instead of instantly making a negative judgement and thinking she needs therapy, you could look at different possibilities, such as... maybe she does a lot of cooking for a very large family, maybe she does a lot of cooking using her own dishes for church suppers/functions, etc. Maybe she just has a LOT of friends and entertains them. And maybe she just likes the product. There are plenty of people who have posted here that they have all these sets of TT and still buying - they've just never posted pictures. And according to your prior statements, there have been TENS OF MILLIONS OF SETS OF TEMPTATIONS SOLD, which according to the figure from Tara's website of "just over 1 million happy customers", would mean an average of TEN SETS PER CUSTOMER.

And unless you have telescopic vision, I doubt you could see any dust in the picture. Why would you assume "I'm sure it is probably too dusty to use it"? It could very well be in pristine condition, but you can't see that in a picture either.

I am one of the 1 million customers and I certainly don't have 10 sets - i don't even have 5 - and that is divided between the 2 places I live. I am sure some people have bought gifts etc. What possible NEED could anyone have for 10 sets of bakeware. Honestly! You can make up any excuses you want - but they are just that - excuses to overindulge. I like TT as much as anyone but I do not NEED to bake multiple things for every meal. How many casserole dishes does a home cook NEED. And , if you saw the picture on FB that I saw - OMG - she was like a TT hoarder.

I saw the pictures that you saw on Facebook, and while that wouldn't be my way of decorating my kitchen, with that much bakeware on display, there was nothing about it that was dirty, or even wrong, for that matter.

Do you go on the fashion threads and berate those women who have closets full of clothing, or too many purses or shoes? Do you degrade those that put a lot of money in the bank and hoard it, keeping it from others who could use it more? What exactly is it to you, just how much of anything someone has, if they worked for their money and spent it the way they wanted?

People who have to constantly find fault in other's dealings have serious mental problems. And the term 'hoarder' is really getting out of control, and not in line with the real definition. Hoarding has a component of 'hiding' involved with it (see the definition on Dictionary.com). And I would have to say that if she has things displayed on shelves in the kitchen, and shows that to the world on a public social media page, she is neither hiding it or hoarding it.

Esteemed Contributor

Please give me a heads up if the dinnerware becomes available in Springfetti. I'd order it immediately.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

On 1/4/2015 sunshine45 said:

i am hoping for more solid colors or raised patterned pieces. i also hope she will be incorporating more modern/contemporary pieces into the collection. i am not into the old world pieces because they dont really go with any of the dishes and serve-ware that i already have.

i would also love to see specialty items that will showcase certain foods. for example, i bought the pineapple serving dish and spoon. it was perfect during the holidays for fruit salads. i went back when i first bought it and got two more to give as gifts. i also got a lot of use out of the poppy salad bowl and smaller bowls. i used it to make a caesar salad and a nutty berry field green salad. the smaller bowls are perfect to serve the salad dressings or toppings. i had bought both the red and the green version of this set and i received lots of compliments on it. i think that the specialty items make really nice gifts also.

I think I mentioned before in another thread that I "found" a 4qt. solid dark blue casserole in the back of a cabinet over the holidays! Used it for a huge dish of cornbread dressing..had to weight a ton...lol.

I also bought the pineapple dish when it was on sale and used it for a Christmas party and put "Cherry Fluff" in it that I got from Recipe Swap here on the Q. Has pineapple, coconut, cherry pie filling,etc. in it...had as many compliments on the Temp-tation dish as I did on the food!!

Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2015 mominohio said:
On 1/8/2015 kittymomNC said:
On 1/8/2015 happy housewife said: While I am fond of the pieces I own , esp. My rooster cassaroles, I really do not need or feel compelled to buy more. I saw a picture on Facebook of someone who put up shelves in her kitchen to hold all her TT , OMG, it was an entire wall, floor to ceiling and wall to wall. What on earth would make anyone buy that much bakeware? IMO, it did not look pretty stacked on shelves and I'm sure it is probably too dusty to actually use it. At some point you have to think this person needs therapy.

Maybe instead of instantly making a negative judgement and thinking she needs therapy, you could look at different possibilities, such as... maybe she does a lot of cooking for a very large family, maybe she does a lot of cooking using her own dishes for church suppers/functions, etc. Maybe she just has a LOT of friends and entertains them. And maybe she just likes the product. There are plenty of people who have posted here that they have all these sets of TT and still buying - they've just never posted pictures. And according to your prior statements, there have been TENS OF MILLIONS OF SETS OF TEMPTATIONS SOLD, which according to the figure from Tara's website of "just over 1 million happy customers", would mean an average of TEN SETS PER CUSTOMER.

And unless you have telescopic vision, I doubt you could see any dust in the picture. Why would you assume "I'm sure it is probably too dusty to use it"? It could very well be in pristine condition, but you can't see that in a picture either.

I am one of the 1 million customers and I certainly don't have 10 sets - i don't even have 5 - and that is divided between the 2 places I live. I am sure some people have bought gifts etc. What possible NEED could anyone have for 10 sets of bakeware. Honestly! You can make up any excuses you want - but they are just that - excuses to overindulge. I like TT as much as anyone but I do not NEED to bake multiple things for every meal. How many casserole dishes does a home cook NEED. And , if you saw the picture on FB that I saw - OMG - she was like a TT hoarder.

I saw the pictures that you saw on Facebook, and while that wouldn't be my way of decorating my kitchen, with that much bakeware on display, there was nothing about it that was dirty, or even wrong, for that matter.

Do you go on the fashion threads and berate those women who have closets full of clothing, or too many purses or shoes? Do you degrade those that put a lot of money in the bank and hoard it, keeping it from others who could use it more? What exactly is it to you, just how much of anything someone has, if they worked for their money and spent it the way they wanted?

People who have to constantly find fault in other's dealings have serious mental problems. And the term 'hoarder' is really getting out of control, and not in line with the real definition. Hoarding has a component of 'hiding' involved with it (see the definition on Dictionary.com). And I would have to say that if she has things displayed on shelves in the kitchen, and shows that to the world on a public social media page, she is neither hiding it or hoarding it.

You must be new here. Wink{#emotions_dlg.lol}

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

This message is for the person who tried to play tricks with this community board. Since that little "trick" didn't work, I see that "someone" managed to get my previous post deleted. You and your cohort made personal attacks against me, which were subsequently deleted. However, I had already quoted them and responded. You tried to get both your personal attacks shown on this page after they were deleted from the previous page by quoting me and then deleting my entire part of the post, so only your ugly untrue remarks remained-again. I fixed that, and now you managed to get it all deleted.

I don't use the report button, although I should have. But I don't need to because sometimes people reap what they sow just by continuing to go down the same path--for Years, in your case. Remember nothing is ever lost -- it's all there on the Internet for anyone who wants to retrieve it. Your history is out there. This is not the first time you have done this kind of thing. I'm really tired of the attacks on me from both of you for no other reason than you don't like what I say about some silly bakeware, and because I questioned the new return policy. You even questioned why I wanted information and whether or not I buy TT. That's my personal business, and not to be shared on this forum. You have some serious problems. And if you want to get this deleted as well, fine with me. It will still be available.