Valued Contributor

@Sooner 

A friend who recently has had to eat a gluten-free diet mentioned a frozen g-f pizza that she liked. I have tried it and agree. 
84D7D385-6D10-4433-84BD-B477FE84233E.jpeg

70FED013-96AF-4FDF-A17A-6F9481C047FB.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

We like Paul Newman's frozen pizza at our house, all varieties. 

Honored Contributor

So many good ideas!  Ours are still in the freeze.  Husband made a crust in the bread machine last night with pizza flour and it was wonderful!

Will report back when we actually use one of the two frozen ones we bought!  

Honored Contributor

United stores carry one called 'Austin' I guess something to do with Austin, Tx. They're pretty good. Thin crust.

Valued Contributor

Hubby and I love the Supreme Red Baron pizza.  The crust is on the crispy side but I always bake mine on a pizza pan with holes in it to make it even crispier.  I add other toppings and more cheese and we love them.

I use to always make my own but we love the crust on this pizza so much that I just buy these at the store.

Respected Contributor

Sam's Club thin pepperoni pizza from Walmart.  Sauce is excellent and generous on the pepperoni.

Honored Contributor

We had a DiGiorno thin and crispy crust pizza that wasn't bad, was pretty good but the crust was a little hard.  So a lot better than soggy!  We added a few more pepperoni and some mushrooms and sliced onion before baking!

But with this list above, we've got a LOTTA pizza to try!  Woman EmbarassedWoman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Any Good Frozen Pizzas?

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Sooner  Home Run Inn. I get them at Harris Teeter. Without equivocation the best frozen pizza I've tasted. Almost as good as some fresh. A distant second but still good isDiGiornoo Thin Crust.

@stevieb Did you just say that because you know I don't have a Harris Teeter? womanwinkk: 

I would LOVE LOVE to have a Harris Teeter.  If we see one on vacation I have to stop, and when we start home I always have to go by!  womanveryy-happy:

I have two canvas HT bags I treasure.  

@Sooner  I like Teeter a lot. But go to the Home Run Pizza website and check out the options. I think you can order online and you can also check to see if there's a store in your area that carries them. Believe me, they're worth it. Much better than the average frozen pizza. They also have actual restaurants but only in the Chicago area.

They are my absolute favorite frozen pizza.

I that think it's the crust that helps to make that pizza taste so great. It's a buttery crust that's layered and it's flakey, too. It reminds me of a pastry dough, kind of like phyllo dough maybe. 

I'm in Wisconsin and those pizzas are regional to us.

Some of our supermarkets carry just a few of their selections, and some carry every type that they make.

My favorite is their sausage and mushroom pizza.

Their pizzas are quite large, too. You get like a 30 oz. size for a frozen pizza.

Someone mentioned Connie's pizza, but that might also be regional.

I'll mention some other ones that we like, too:

Pep's Drafthaus.

Lotsa Mozza.

Bellatoria Pizza/Bernatello's Foods. Their ultra thin crust pizzas are very good.

Freshetta. Similar to DiGiorno.

Trusted Contributor

Tastes homemade and no doughy crust Smiley Happy

Supreme Thin & Crispy Pizza | Newman's Own

Respected Contributor

Re: Any Good Frozen Pizzas?

[ Edited ]

We were at Tops and I saw DH peering into the frozen pizza case with his hands in his pockets lol. He was was looking at this pizza, below. It was on their loyalty card special for only 3.99, so we picked it up.

He loved it. He said it was very well-seasoned and spicy. It's a thin, rectangular pizza. And it looked good. (I'm not the meat-eater in the house, so it was all his.) I went back to pick up a couple more, and they were all sold out--not surprisingly, at that price.

OZMH4.png

What worries you masters you.