Honored Contributor

Re: Any Chain Restaurants that you never go to?

Arby's.........don't know what that "meat" really is

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

There is a midwest chain called Green Mill, got sick there years ago and that was that! Never again.

@Jacie

Oh my gosh, Jacie, Green Mill is one of my favorite happy hour haunts and   has been along with colleagues for a very long time.   Maybe it depends on location? I only go to the Uptown location and love the diversity it offers. Well, I have been to the Hamline & Grand location, but it doesn't have the same vibe.  

Sorry you had such a disappointing experience and in full disclosure I have never eaten their pizza.  

Respected Contributor

I've been to Chilis a couple of times but didn't care for it, so I don't go there any more. Other than that I kind of love chain restaurants. I don't like to go to unknown places. I love Logans, Bob Evans, McDonalds, Burger King, Arby's, Damon's, Frisch's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Cracker Barrel (the pickles are like dessert!), Wendy's...Um, yeah. I like to eat. Papa John's is my favorite pizza. Thin crust bacon & pineapple. Come on. This is all good stuff!

Respected Contributor

Down here for some reason, never had a good steak at Outback. Tried it three times over the first few years here and never went back. Others in our area have been fine. Sunday is a no cook day and there are many options here, both chains and local. One thing I have discovered. When ordering a steak, make sure you tell them to use no extra spices.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

For me, it's Chili's.  Their food is so heavy and greasy for the most part.  I see it simply clogged with people around here.  Am I missing something?  LOL!!

So I wondered what well-known chain restaurants you don't like either!   Maybe we'll find out that we need to take another look.

I prefer local and small, but sometimes I think most of us are in a position or mood to visit one of those national chains.

Oh, and our Red Lobster has been awful and dirty the last probably 10 years.  We used to go there occasionally.

I agree with you on both counts.  I was going to mention those exact two places for the same reasons you mentioned.  

Respected Contributor

Chili's is at the top of my list.  Not big on Applebee's.  I do like Cracker Barrell - someone said their food is never hot, but we have had wonderful luck with our local CB. Food is always fresh, hot and tasty.  I like that you can be sure of what you're geetting - it's always the same no matter where you are, but I think we have one of the best. I also enjoy Outback.

We don't go out often, but most of my favorites are local only - close to New Orleans, so they are primarily seafood restaurants.

Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

There is a midwest chain called Green Mill, got sick there years ago and that was that! Never again.

@Jacie

Oh my gosh, Jacie, Green Mill is one of my favorite happy hour haunts and   has been along with colleagues for a very long time.   Maybe it depends on location? I only go to the Uptown location and love the diversity it offers. Well, I have been to the Hamline & Grand location, but it doesn't have the same vibe.  

Sorry you had such a disappointing experience and in full disclosure I have never eaten their pizza.  

@magicmoodz  Sorry to say it was the Uptown location! AND it was pizza, so maybe you will be safe! I used to live a couple blocks from there and went one night with roomies. UGH. Awful! Glad to hear the vibe is still great!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

All of the major ones. There are some decent small chains that are local.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I don't and won't eat at any franchise restaurants. I gave them up years ago. I only frequent our local places to eat. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Red Lobster...it is NOT for the seafood lover in me.