Honored Contributor

Any Chain Restaurants that you never go to?

For me, it's Chili's.  Their food is so heavy and greasy for the most part.  I see it simply clogged with people around here.  Am I missing something?  LOL!!

So I wondered what well-known chain restaurants you don't like either!   Maybe we'll find out that we need to take another look.

I prefer local and small, but sometimes I think most of us are in a position or mood to visit one of those national chains.

Oh, and our Red Lobster has been awful and dirty the last probably 10 years.  We used to go there occasionally.

Honored Contributor

Re: Any Chain Restaurants that you never go to?

[ Edited ]

Southerners, my sincerest apologies.  I am from the land of roadside diners (NJ) so you'd think I'd get something about it.  But I do not, even after 14 years in Georgia, understand the appeal of Waffle House.  Was dragged once.  Never, ever, ever, ever again.

@Sooner Not my Chili's!  They actually do have a fresh menu which has a small 6oz steak with a side of parmesan broccoli so it's not all bad.  Totally agree on Red Lobster but I hate seafood so I don't really belong there anyway.

I honestly don't ever go out to eat unless my family invites me somewhere once in a blue moon.  I agree.  Most outside food is just too heavy for my taste.     

Respected Contributor

I do not like Burger King hamburgers because of the charcoal taste, avoid Papa John's Pizza because of the poor quality, and avoid Logan's Steakhouse because of the spices they use.  

My favorite chain is Bob Evans.  Their food is consistantly good, the local one is spotlessly clean, the wait staff efficient and friendly, and the prices perfect.

Respected Contributor

I went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast last week - I asked that they overcook eggs.  Eggs were super runny - sent them back for scrambled eggs - they were awful - won't go back. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Any Chain Restaurants that you never go to?,

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast last week - I asked that they overcook eggs.  Eggs were super runny - sent them back for scrambled eggs - they were awful - won't go back. 

-----------------------

I don't like CB because their food is never served hot.  Anything I have ever had there is lukewarm.

Respected Contributor

There is a midwest chain called Green Mill, got sick there years ago and that was that! Never again.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Chili's.... I get quesy and have actually gotten sick from eating there.  They seem to shove a lot of gease and fats into their items and I don't tolerate it well at all.  Maybe it's just the Chili's by me?  Ugg....

Applebees.... Never can get a tender little steak there.... had one plate (Shrimp) that had a sauce that was SO full of vinegar that I actually asked the waitperson if that was normal.  He said yes it was.... (I didn't think so because it was inedible).... (Again, it could be our local Applebees).

Denny's.... DH got food poisoning there.   

We won't go to these restaurants..... and unfortunately, we don't have many here.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

A friend insisted we go to Crackerbarrel once and the food was gross. I'm not a pickey eater by

any estimation, but I just hated that food. To make matters worse, it was so loud we couldn't

hear ourselves talk.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I actually go to Chili's for the grilled shrimp  Caribbean  Salad.

Red Lobster, no. Papa Johns Pizza, NO.  

Honored Contributor

There are too many chain restaurants that I don't go to for me to name.  I don't go to any of the ones that have been named so far.  I usually go to locally owned restaurants.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau