Honored Contributor

Re: Any Chain Restaurants that you never go to?

Another confession:  I like Popeye's chicken.  When you get it hot and spicy and right out of the fryer it can be great! As usual some of the outlets are better than others.  I feel guilty and peel off most of the skin and eat the breats only, and have it once in a blue moon.  I don't eat the sides, just chicken!

Respected Contributor

@Sooner... I agree........And I like Church's Chicken, too....hanging head in shame....

Honored Contributor

I'll swing by and pick you up for supper tonight.  Wear your nose glasses and nobody will recognize us.

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@Sooner... I agree........And I like Church's Chicken, too....hanging head in shame....

Super Contributor

We don't eat out a lot either, but I will not eat at Chili's. Have eaten there several times, and have never had a good meal there. No McDonalds, Burger King, Arby's, Taco Bell, etc. When we do get fast food, it is from a local place. Absolutely no chain restaurant pizza. We have never had a bad meal at Cracker Barrel, but don't eat there often.

But here's a thought for everyone who talks about local restaurants. Have you ever watched Restaurant Impossible on the Food Network? Have you ever seen some of the kitchens on that program? Disgusting. Would definitely turn you off from eating at local restaurants for good. You never know what condition the kitchens are in and how the food is stored. It is JMO that chain restaurants would at least have corporate managers coming in and inspecting the places frequently, so you would think that their kitchens and dining rooms would be cleaner than independently owned restaurants.

Honored Contributor

Easier to post the chain restaurants I will patronize:  Culver's and Papa Murphy's Pizza. 

Super Contributor

White Castle, Arby's, McDonald's, Burger King, Macaroni Grill, TGIFriday's.

*HURK*