Contributor
I was wondering if anyone has tried the Anti-inflammatory diet & did it seem to help you?
Respected Contributor

i have two friends that have arthritis and went vegetarian and it has helped.

Contributor

Currently doing the Paleo diet now and yes it has worked for me significantly. I highly recommend doing this diet. I also recommend consuming

Contributor

bone broth which has also been very beneficial to me as well.

Honored Contributor

I did a Whole 30 in November (30 days of limited list of food, no dairy, soy, sugar of any kind (fake, real or natural in anything, even a trace), grains or beans/legumes). My diet was already "clean" but this bumped it up to another level. After my 30 days I switched to Primal (this girl needs cheese).

I didn't think this was for me, but I am enjoying it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

I have 2 friends who went on this way of eating--recommended to them by a rheumatologist. They both said they felt better--less pain.

Trusted Contributor

Are you talking about the original Dr Pericone diet? The basis of his philosophy is anti inflammation.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, per Dr. Blackwell's bookd (sp?). After being dismissed by 3 M.D. gastroenterologists, I went to DD's naturopath. She placed me on this food plan, which one must follow to the T. After just one week, my gut had improved so much!

I'd purchase the book (Amazon). It's really important to read the front section of the book. Some people just skip that and go to the recipes, but they're missing out on the entire concept, which is clinically sound and not a fad. BTW, I do my own cooking and simply read the recipes so I could get a sense of what the various dishes were all about.

Good luck!

Edited to add that DD's Crohn's disease and joint pain are now in remission. She fanatically follows this food plan.

Honored Contributor

It should be called "The Sorta/Kinda Inflammatory Diet". Out of 12 tiers, only 5 are TRULY not inflammatory. Chocolate, wine, supplements, tea (most have additives), cheese/dairy, meats, heavily processed oils....they are all very acidic & inflammatory. Those in true pain will see immediate results, but in he long term, they will never get the results desired if continuing consuming acidic/inflammatory foods. They will get frustrated, say "being vegetarian is crazy" & revert totally back to their bad eating habits..and bad pain...and pop more pills.

If one has pain, change your way of eating to the correct way for no pain. Go 100% on a low-fat, whole foods, plant based diet (with no oils) to get 100% results.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic