Honored Contributor

Another reason I ❤ my Lock and Lock...

I promised my family tacos tonight, with homemade salsa and guacamole, thinking I had a free day to cook and prep. Well, of course that changed and I had to prep everything early for later tonight.

Here' s my taco tower!

❤ my lock and lock!

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Another reason I ❤ my Lock and Lock...

It looks good.  They really do come in handy.  I just put frozen jumbo shrimp in a large LL and put it in the fridge for tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

Cheryl Mendelson would concur!  Thanks, @house_cat for recommending her book (Home Comforts).  I asked for it, for Christmas, from DH, and am thoroughly enjoying it.

Happy New Year.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Cheryl Mendelson would concur!  Thanks, @house_cat for recommending her book (Home Comforts).  I asked for it, for Christmas, from DH, and am thoroughly enjoying it.

Happy New Year.

I'm so happy to hear that you're enjoying it!  I'm still reading it on my Kindle - it's very long and very thorough, but it's right up my alley.  In fact, I'm going to order the hard cover version. Some of her suggestions are a bit over the top for me, but I still love reading them and it's nice to know that I'm already doing a lot of things "right". Happy New Year to you, too.

~ house cat ~
Contributor

I was on LL's website yesterday and they are having a big sale.  

Honored Contributor

Omg. I'm afraid to look. I've never been to the website.

I have lots of L&L and love it. I use every piece and sometimes I actually run short because so many are in use at the same time.  I transport food every day, so much of my L&L is in use at my mom's apartment, some in my freezer, some in the fridge.. you know how it goes.  So, what I'm saying is that my purchases are justified, but I don't have a good place to store it on those rare occasions when it's not in use.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat, tacos with homemade salsa sounds good, can I come over? Recently when I had a house full for a family get together, L n L's came in really handy. I had every one of mine in use.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

You are very bad, House Cat!  Very, very bad!   Now I want tacos.   I could eat tacos every day.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Oo oh, and those tacos are all ready to assemble!

that's the best! yum!

how do you keep yours so clear? Mine get very cloudy, almost whitish and pitted in the dishwasher.

Honored Contributor

Tam - do you use yours in the microwave?  That's the only reason I can see that happening.  Some of mine are over 10 years old and, even putting them in the top of the dishwasher, I've never had either of those things happen.

I know that they tell people that they are 'microwave safe' but the reality is that this is the type of plastic that WILL end up pitting and clouding with microwave use.  Of course, they don't tell people THAT.  Smiley Wink