Honored Contributor

Re: Another product they have quit making

they had a small air fryer on the other night with David and that little blonde haired guy with the goatee for 50.00.

Just be good for small amounts. We quit eating deep fried french fries

I air bake mine now.

who wants all that 'lardy' grease.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE So sad the Foodi wouldn't work for me. Not enough room , and to heavy for me to lift. Plus my Husband Had surgery a few days ago and he wouldn't be able to help. And the price is out of my range, need to watch my budget. And I have a Instant pot. Not feeling like cooking anyway.

Honored Contributor

DASH makes a really small AF, but I think that brand's vendor is a lady.  I have the Ming Tsai one and it is on the smaller side, like 3 qt.  Works great for just the two of us, and often just for me.  Now, if I wanted to cook a big hunk of meat or a whole chicken I'd be out of luck.  I also have the CE 2 qt PC which I got to learn more about pressure cooking.  I'm still intimidated by it in that I'm not sure how to downsize a recipe for it.  So far, I have only cooked hard boiled eggs, potatoes, and grits in it.  

So, my thought on the Foodi was, that if I became more comfortable with the PC thing and decided I was ready for a larger one, this would fit the bill as well as being a larger Air Fryer.  But, since I'm not there yet, I'm not ready to buy. 

I don't know why the fear of messing up food freaks me out so much.  The other night I totally messed up my recipe for air-fried breaded eggplant and it still came out great.

Honored Contributor

I've tried and failed at air frying green tomatoes and went back to the skillet.

Stuff that doesn't taste as well as skillet for me is catfish, got to be deep fried, chicken I want fried and green tomatoes with just as little grease as you can get by with.

Wings can be air fryed everything else can go in air fryer no matter what kind you have.

I've gave this whole discussion a lot of thought on people and what they want in a appliance and sadly, not one small electric is gonna fit what you 

want and what you want to spend. Just not possible.

People want a light wgt item. Plastic and won't last light

people want cheap, plus free shipping.

people want it to not get to hot.

people want stainless steel because a easy clean pot is still not the same as dishwasher. Squirting Ivory in a pot and rinsing is just too much.

I want my husband to look like Adam Lambert/Johnny Depp think I'll have

to settle.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE , I never put any cookware except like Pyrex/glass/Corning in my dishwasher.  I also only have 1 non-stick skillet because I NEED non-stick.  I know it's possible to cook in stainless without sticking, but I am not good enough a cook for that.  I have found soaking or heating the pan with water and dishwashing liquid in it helps.  I do not have pristine pan bottoms.  

I have not tried catfish in the AF.  I usually saute mine which is healthier and I have never actually fried catfish although I love it that way.  Seems to me you might as well deep fry it since you gotta have hushpuppies with it and those have to be deep fried.

I have not had any luck with flour coating in the AF.  They say you have to spritz with a lot of oil and then let sit for awhile before cooking, but mine just doesn't get brown and it's a hard coating.  What I use for veggies (squash, zucchini, eggplant, okra) is I dust first with very fine almond flour.  Then I soak in buttermilk with beaten egg.  After that I put in a mixture of plain or Italian Breadcrumbs and Panko breadcrumbs.  For a little extra punch grated Parmesan or Italian cheese mixture can be added.  Spritz with a little oil and cook at about 370.  I have a manual, so temps are approximate.

Before coming up with this method, I would only deep fry my okra because it gave it a better coating that I could pick up with my fingers and pop in my mouth like popcorn, but still not hard like AF flour coated.  Totally different than pan-fried.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Lipton is bitter. I just want to mix it up by the glass not like real brewed tea you have to mess with the bags keep big pitcher in refrig, etc.

@SharkE   Yes! Lipton tea is awful!  We made brewed iced tea when I was very young and changed to Nestea when it came out because it wasn't bitter!

We didn't use sugar, some cancer causing sweetener--Sweet10 I think?  Anyway, I have never liked sugar in tea!  Can't drink it! 

Yes, it is awful that we are losing so many really good products that get replaced with energy drinks, mac and cheese and cupcakes. . . Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

also, need a Costco !   2 stupid Sam's Clubs

@SharkE Oklahoma City just got a Costco and we are in love!  It has so much more variety than old Sam's--which was all we had!  

It has good frozen food--and a good selection of USA made items!  

Honored Contributor

Amen !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

You may want to try a new powdered instant tea named "Cusa."  You can find it on amazon. 

There are also "Pique" tea crystals.

They come in different varieties.

Lemon Black Tea by Cusa Tea - Cold Brew Tea - Premium Organic Instant Tea - USDA Organic Certified Tea and Real Lemon Fruit - Zero Sugar, Preservatives or Flavorings (10 servings)

Pique Organic English Breakfast Black Tea Crystals, Antioxidants, Energy, Gut Health, 28 Single Serve Sticks (Pack of 2)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I never cared much for Lipton tea either, but I do like Luzianne tea bags for iced tea.