Trusted Contributor

Re: Am I alone not really that impressed with Vitamix

I got mine 6 years ago when I had to go thru chemo. I was worried about getting enough nutrition.

It got me thru mouth sores, fatigue and nausea. I've used it almost daily ever since. Other blenders would've burned out under my demanding use.

I would replace it in a heartbeat if something happened to it.

However, if you don't need or want one-there's no point in spending the $$.

Honored Contributor

I use my new VM everyday, sometimes a few times a day. I have made different flours in it, salad dressings, smoothies everyday of the year, and frozen things too. Have not tried the soups yet, but will. I want to try making bread in the dry canister as well. I had my moms VM from the 1980's that gave up a couple years ago and bought my new one on Feb 14th of this year. It is a pricey item to let sit tho--maybe you should sell it.

Super Contributor

I don't know I guess I thought I would be more wowed by it.   Don't get me wrong it is nice, just not sure it justifies the cost at least for me.

Honored Contributor

I have the model with only two speeds and I hate it.  It goes fast and faster.  There is no way to slow it down and everything is a liquid after only a few seconds.

It mostly collects dust in my basement.  I prefer my food processor to the Vitamix.

Honored Contributor

@proofer wrote:

I don't know I guess I thought I would be more wowed by it.   Don't get me wrong it is nice, just not sure it justifies the cost at least for me.

What did you want it to do?  I can't think of anything I need it to do that it doesn't do.  

Why not sell it on e-bay, sell or give it to someone you know, or donate and take a tax deduction?  Don't just keep stuff you don't use or want.  Get rid of it and cut your losses.

Honored Contributor

I'm happy with my Ninja

Respected Contributor

I use mine at least 5-6 times a week and mostly for smoothies and noticed that I have gained weight also (have mine for 3 years).  I used too much fruit and on top of which I also eat lots of fruit.  Just recently I have started using mostly vegetables and I actually like that better.

Regular Contributor

@proofer wrote:

Not that it doesn't do a nice job, but for 500. I would hope so.  I keep buying more and more stuff to put in it.  So I'm definitely not getting any savings.  I thought I was doing good on a diet eating smoothies and gained weight, I know calories are calories.

I know what you are saying.Bought mine eons ago and we tried everything  soup, bread,ice cream,etc some things were good but others were bad.......Mine is in the top of my cabinet and never ever look or think about it anymore.I think it has to do with your life style and the way you eat....Some smoothies  can be high in calories and sugar natural sugar that is such as fruit.Many blenders out there that are not as exspensive....Wolfgang Puck has one that the motor is stronger than Vitamix.and cheaper.....I keep thinking I will use it again  see some at flea market all the time most that are selling them feel as you do and I.

Honored Contributor

I replaced my blender when it died with a Vitamix.  I do not drink smoothies.  I make a different fresh salad dressing every day and it is too small of an amount.  I do not like the frothy soup it makes.  It does a great job of making peanut butter but it is difficult to clean after that.  I make malts for the grandchildren sometimes.  That is about it.  

Respected Contributor

Gotta say, I'm impressed. I find it VERY easy to use for all things. So I'm beating the omelet eggs in it, even using the large pitcher. Made a quick batch of fresh salsa today, use it for smoothies (awesome), the frozen sorbet. I tried a soup. Really worked. I'm lovin' it.