Super Contributor

Am I alone not really that impressed with Vitamix

Not that it doesn't do a nice job, but for 500. I would hope so.  I keep buying more and more stuff to put in it.  So I'm definitely not getting any savings.  I thought I was doing good on a diet eating smoothies and gained weight, I know calories are calories.

Honored Contributor

Re: Am I alone not really that impressed with Vitamix

I can't remember the last time I made a smoothie in mine. I love it though. I use it for making sauces like tomatillo sauce and mole. It's absolutely fabulous for crushing ice. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

I can't say I'm not impressed by my Vitamix, but I can say that I hardly ever use it.  I don't know why, really.  It's just not one of my "go to" appliances.  

Honored Contributor

We use ours all the time for salad dresing, chopping up things, blending soups and sauces, and making a few smoothies.  THe smoothies are mostly winter time when we use up leftover veggies.  In summer everything is fresh and eaten up right away!  

So are not impressed with the Vitamix or what you're putting in it?  LOL!!!!  

Respected Contributor

You might be.  I love mine!  I use it for so many things.  The soup feature is the best!  I hold out potatoe & bacon pieces to add to our bowls.  I freeze fat free half & half in ice cube trays and make my ice cream with that.  Delicious.  I grate hard cheese and it's the best.  So easy to clean.  Nothing compares to making a protein drink with it.  I would like it more if it came with a really good looking sous chef to cut things up for me.  HA!HA!

Esteemed Contributor

I can think of a million things I would rather do with a few hundred dollars.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@proofer wrote:

Not that it doesn't do a nice job, but for 500. I would hope so.  I keep buying more and more stuff to put in it.  So I'm definitely not getting any savings.  I thought I was doing good on a diet eating smoothies and gained weight, I know calories are calories.

@proofer I do believe they are worth the money but I think the question is does your lifestyle warrant that type of purchase?

I have another high end blender and it works great (I got it on sale at Amazon) and I used to make smoothies all the time but now it sits tucked under my cabinet but I have to say I am glad that when I may have a chance to use it, it is there as it more than does it's job.  

Honored Contributor

@proofer  What are your expectations of a $400+ blender?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yes it was expensive and I bought the TSV almost 2 yrs ago. I did not own a blender and I was embarking on starting on a new breakfast regimen. Over Christmas dinner - my niece said she drank this concoction daily. My nephew bought the Vitamix bc his old blender left this concoction chunky which was not a good thing.

I still drink this on workdays for breakfast. I use it rarely for anything else. So I probably have used it 500 times since I owned it. If I stop making this smoothie - at least this is still my one and only blender.
Trusted Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

I can think of a million things I would rather do with a few hundred dollars.

That pretty much says it all. I see no need for a Vitamix in my kitchen.