Respected Contributor

Alternative to Ninja Foodi

[ Edited ]

For those who already have a pressure cooker and would like to add air frying capability to it, a wonderful company called Mealthy has come out with the CrispLid. It will fit on any Instant Pot 6- or 8-qt. along with the Mealthy pressure cookers.  Your pressure cooker has to have a stainless steel pot for it to work.  It's going to launch in late June, but you can preorder it by going to the Mealthy Facebook page. There, you will find preorder posts. You can also see lots of posts from people who were able to get it earlier than the general public.

CL-WebHero-Desktop.jpg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Alternative to Ninja Foodi

I haven't yet figured out why I need to "crisp" anything cooked in the pressure cooker.  I'm not a big lover of fried foods and don't feel the need for them in my diet.  I'll take grilled or baked chicken over fried any day.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I haven't yet figured out why I need to "crisp" anything cooked in the pressure cooker.  I'm not a big lover of fried foods and don't feel the need for them in my diet.  I'll take grilled or baked chicken over fried any day.

It's more the idea of allowing an appliance to be able to do more than one thing.  Air frying can be just as healthy as grilling or baking.  Also for those who don't have an air fryer but do have a pressure cooker with a stainless steel pot, this is a way to have a 6 qt. or bigger air fryer (depending on the size of the IP) with less money and footprint than buying a stand alone unit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg wrote:

For those who already have a pressure cooker and would like to add air frying capability to it, a wonderful company called Mealthy has come out with the CrispLid. It will fit on any Instant Pot 6- or 8-qt. along with the Mealthy pressure cookers.  Your pressure cooker has to have a stainless steel pot for it to work.  It's going to launch in late June, but you can preorder it.  This is one blogger I like who reviews the device and has a preorder link.  It is $50 w/$10 shipping.

You can also go to the Mealthy Facebook page to read and see more about it.

@Ainhisg 

Ha!  What will they think of next!  Thanks for posting!  I am actually interested!

I have an 6 qt IP that I really like. 

I do not usually eat fried foods because of the calories and fat.  I would love to have fried chix, FF etc!

I don't fry at home for the same reason and the mess!

I have been forcing myself not to buy one more kitchen gizmo but the Air Fryers look so cool.  Many I know use them a lot.  Using 2 TBLS of oil and getting those results?  Yes please!

If I could turn my IP into an air fryer, I would love to!  I'd like that price to go down a bit and see some reviews first!  LOL 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

When you put in a pale chicken and pressure cook it it's still pale

With a air crisper you either put a tad of butter over the skin or oil or whatever you want and finish it off to give it the baked look.

pale chicken is good for chicken and dumplings, make your own chicken salad, stuff like that, but, when you want a whole baked chicken and don't want to have oven on for couple of hrs. Foodi is faster and all in one pot.

Honored Contributor

Here's the thread where I posted some info about the Mealthy Air Fryer Lid.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Kitchen/New-lid-by-Mealthy-Multi-Pot/m-p/5503379/highlight/true#M191008

I have 2 PC's plus 2 Air Fryers but being able to use 1 appliance would be nice. Neither of my pc's has a SS interior pot so I would have to buy one that does for the Mealthy air fryer lid to work.

It's also nice to eat fried foods that are not fried in grease. 

Trusted Contributor

@Ainhisg  Thank you for that info.  I still don't think I need a crisper lid, but it's nice to know the option will soon be available, if I change my mind.

$60 with shipping seems high for a lid, but maybe the price will drop eventually.

Respected Contributor

Bump for those who might be interested...

Honored Contributor

I got the ad for the crisplid in May and just read that it is starting to ship on the 24th of this month and will be available on AMZ in July /Aug. So I will wait til then. Maybe will have free shipping. I have the Instant Pot and have been toying with an air fryer but hate the idea of another bulky appliance to store. 

Respected Contributor

@wagirl , even though tomorrow was the ship date, it shipped early and many people have already gotten it who did a pre-order.  I wonder, too, if it will have free shipping on Amazon when it is offered there.  Other Mealthy items have.  I ordered one of my Mealthy multipots and my Mealthy immersion blender through Amazon and paid no shipping.  I love my Mealthy products.  Very loyal to the brand and would not hesitate to buy any appliance with their name on it.  The customer service is unreal.