Contributor
They all taste really great-what do the folks who are so afraid of even trying it imagine it will taste like? Almond milk is not very expensive so buy a couple different brands to try out. Also if you are currently drinking cows milk doesn't the thought of all that it really contains make you gag?
Respected Contributor

I use Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla and like that. I guess it's a matter of what you are used to. I have no problem with any almond milk I've tried and don't understand the resistance to it.

Trusted Contributor

I buy Almond Breeze plain unsweetened (not vanilla). I like it fine.

Respected Contributor
On 1/18/2014 terrier3 said:

I use Silk unsweetened 30 calorie version.

This is fine for cereals and smoothies and is non GMA certified. For that reason alone, I have stopped using cow's milk.

I use this version too.It's really good in smoothies and pancakes.

Occasional Contributor

I use Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla. Trade Joe's is also good. I personally prefer Almond Milk to cow's milk any day of the week. Don't quite understand the idea of gagging at the thought of trying it. It's almonds, not dirt.

Contributor
I like the sweetened almond milk. I heard a tip on a cooking show to use it in place of water in oatmeal. I did and it is yummy. No added sugar needed.
Honored Contributor
I haven't bought dairy since I first tasted almond. I like it so much better.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/18/2014 newshound6 said: They all taste really great-what do the folks who are so afraid of even trying it imagine it will taste like? Almond milk is not very expensive so buy a couple different brands to try out. Also if you are currently drinking cows milk doesn't the thought of all that it really contains make you gag?

Yeah, really. What's so disgusting about almonds? I guess if almonds make you gag, I can see why you wouldn't want to try almond milk.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Frequent Contributor
On 1/18/2014 BonnieBelle said:

My daughter uses it in cereal. I can't bring myself to even try it, I think I may gag and vomit.

I find it funny that you say it will make you gag & vomit yet you have no trouble drinking milk taken, not given freely, from an animal that produces milk for her young and yet when she gives birth her baby is taken from her and she isn't even allowed to nurse because her milk is meant for YOU!! Do you even know what is in milk????????? If you knew what was in milk, THAT would make you gag & vomit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I use and like both the original Silk or Almond Breeze Almond milk. Don't like the vanilla as it tastes awful to me. I actually like it much better than milk and the best thing is not aftertaste and mucous feeling.