Valued Contributor

I find so many yummy recipes here! I consider myself a good cook, but not very creative. Do any of you wonderful cooks have any recipes that would use up some blueberry wine, and/or some chokecherry wine?

TIA

cooking

Super Contributor

Blueberry wine sounds good enough to drink by itself! I wouldn't put it in a recipe. LOL!

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Trusted Contributor

I might try to use the blueberry wine as a reduced sauce for pork chops or chicken breasts. My favorite technique is to sear boneless pork chops or chicken breasts in a small fry pan on the stove, then put them on a small broiler pan to finish cooking in a 400 degree oven. It only takes about ten minutes depending on how thick the meat is. Then, pour some wine/port in the saute pan to deglaze and let it reduce until the meat is done. While the meat rests, turn off the sauce and add a small pat of butter. Serve the meat with the sauce over top.

I've never had a chokecherry so I'm really not sure what that flavor might complement, but again, pork chops like fruity sauces, so I might give that a try.

Esteemed Contributor

This is the most interesting search I think I have ever done....found 3 that sound good!

I do beef tenderloin with blueberry. (not me, the author)

1. You can sear and roast a whole or partial tenderloin, or you can grill up filets, both work equally well.

2. Mince a large shallot and sauté it until soft over medium-high heat, then deglaze with the blueberry wine and reduce the heat to a simmer.

3. Add a splash of cider vinegar. (like 1/2 teaspoon) Simmer this until it reduces by half, add a knob of butter and continue to reduce it until it coats the back of a spoon. (almost like cough syrup) Season with salt and pepper.

4. If you roasted tenderloin, slice it thin and fan it on a plate - if you used steaks then just plate them. (assuming they're cooked to your desired temp)

5. Spread some crumbled blue cheese over the meat. (as much or as little as you like.) Then put the beef in the oven or under the broiler until the cheese melts.

6. Plate the beef and spoon the blueberry sauce over it.

Blueberry Wine Cobbler

Ingredients:

2 pieces of ready made pie crust

1 package of frozen blueberries (or if you are close to Mount Bethel Winery you can stop by and see if we have some fresh blueberries)

1/2 cup of white sugar

1/2 cup of brown sugar

A little of nutmeg, lemon juice and cinnamon (just put in how much you like for seasoning)

¼ cup of Mount Bethel Blueberry Wine

1. Place one of the pie crusts in a square Pyrex dish. Put it in the oven at 350 for about 8-10 minutes.

2. While the one crust is baking, place the rest of the ingredients in a bowl (keeping the Mount Bethel Blueberry wine as the last ingredient)

3. When the crust is done, pour the blueberry mixture into the crust (I like to put a little bit more of the Mount Bethel Blueberry Wine on the top after this step).

4. Put the second crust on top of the blueberry mixture. Press the two crusts together. I like to take any extra crust and roll it into small balls and place it on top of the blueberry mixture as well as a couple of pats of real butter.

5. Cook at 350 for about 30-40 minutes.

Blueberry Wine Sauce

1 1/2 cup orange juice
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 cup Blueberry wine
3 cups blueberries
1/2 cup brown sugar
pinch cinnamon
pinch cloves

Combine cornstarch with 3 tablespoons orange juice. Mix well, set aside.

1. Combine the blueberry wine, blueberries, brown sugar, remaining orange juice, cinnamon and clove in a saucepan.
2. Bring to a strong simmer and cook 4-5 mins.
3. Add the cornstarch mixture. Simmer, stirring until thickened,2-3-mins

Cool. Serve over cake or ice cream.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the ideas and the recipes! I'll let you know which one(s) I make and how they turned out. They all sound sooo good!

cookin