Regular Contributor

All the Pasta in Southeast Pennsylvania

Hi kitchen people! I am new here and posting regarding one of the funniest things I have seen in my 4 months of shopping on the Q - boxes of pasta being dumped into a jumbo Lock n Lock...

First off, let me say that the lady who reps Lock n Lock is just lovely and does a great job on air. The containers themselves look great,  (I particularly like some of the printed ones) and I'm sure they perform well. The sheer number of sizes and colorways is astounding...I haven't seen this much plastic since attending Tupperware parties as a newlywed in the 1970s!

Recently Lock n Lock has made available a super size JUMBO one with a handle on top. Now I realize folks don't just use these for food storage, they are good for crafts, toys, beauty items etc. but one of the hosts ( David, Rick or Alberi...I don't remember who) choose to demonstrate the capacity of said jumbo container by one at a time dumping 17 boxes of dried pasta into the container.

He counted down EACH BOX as he dumped all those poor sacrificial little bits of semolina into the Lock n Lock. When he reach 17 boxes dumped he was practically screaming about it - "SEVENTEEN!!! SEVENTINE FULL BOXES OF PASTA FIT INTO THIS JUMBO LOCK N LOCK!!!!!!  I was LOL here at home...fits of giggles!

All I could think about was some poor Q employee sent to the grocery store to buy 20+ boxes of pasta and then line them all up on set in a lovely row so it could be dumped - one at a time - into the grandaddy of them all Jumbo plastic container!

Now THAT'S entertainment... 

Honored Contributor

Re: All the Pasta in Southeast Pennsylvania

@PatsShoes    You have to realize that there were hoards of us out here wondering how we were going to store our 17 boxes of pasta.  We can now rest easy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@PatsShoes    You have to realize that there were hoards of us out here wondering how we were going to store our 17 boxes of pasta.  We can now rest easy.

The segment should have come with a disclaimer:

NO PASTA WAS HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS DEMO

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Kachina624

LOL, thanks for the laugh!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Wow that's a lot of pasta. Wonder what they do with it all? 

Respected Contributor

@godi wrote:

Wow that's a lot of pasta. Wonder what they do with it all? 

Probably throw it in the trash

Regular Contributor

Some unfortunate Production Assistant is probably right now sitting in a back room stringing pasta necklaces - which will soon be introduced on QVC as the next emerging hot jewelry trend!  And once they are availabe, I'll be sure to pick up a dozen for my "gift closet!"

Honored Contributor

I've seen that unfortunate demo before and it does seem like an unnecessarily wasteful - and unrealistic - way to show how big the containers are.  They might better have just set the boxes inside without opening.

Regular Contributor

@AnnieBelle wrote:

Some unfortunate Production Assistant is probably right now sitting in a back room stringing pasta necklaces - which will soon be introduced on QVC as the next emerging hot jewelry trend!  And once they are availabe, I'll be sure to pick up a dozen for my "gift closet!"

MUST FILL THOSE GIFT CLOSETS!! lolololol

Regular Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I've seen that unfortunate demo before and it does seem like an unnecessarily wasteful - and unrealistic - way to show how big the containers are.  They might better have just set the boxes inside without opening.

100%

I didn't know that this has been done before, but as I said, I'm new to QVC. Had no idea that pasta was the gold standard when it comes to demonstrating the capacity of plastic storage containers! 

The way Lock n Lock sizes are headed, by the holidays we may be up to 25-30 boxes of bowtie pasta capacity containers. Something to look forward to for sure!