Super Contributor

Re: All-clad stainless. Vs. All-clad stainless non stick

Barkeeper's Friend is a joke! It does nothing for cleaning my All-Clad. I think All-Clad must own this product. I use comet & brillo pads to keep my stainless steel clean & shiny. 

Regular Contributor

I love the stainless better than the non stick. Allclad is superior cookware IMO, and there is a short learning curve so you don't burn what you are cooking. It cleans and polishes up very easily.I usually put some baking sida & hot water in the pan until after dinner is finished just to give it some extra shine when it is washed. LOVE it!!!

Valued Contributor

Love my All-clad!

Honored Contributor

IMO the only non-stick pans I want are frying pans, and even those are only used for certain things (like eggs.)  

Honored Contributor

When it comes to nonstick pans, I go cheap and replace them every couple of years. While it's true they're still nonstick after that, that initial supreme slickness is gone. All nonstick coatings lose that insane slickness over time (depending on how frequently they're used) so I go cheap and replace them regularly. I can buy a set of three decent nonstick pans for around $20-$30 and pretty much always have a superbly slick pan ready to cook with. If you think your current older nonstick pan is as good as it was, buy a new one (even a cheap one) for comparision. You'll be amazed at the difference. Older pans may still be nonstick, but they lack that supreme slickness you get with a brand new pan.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

When it comes to nonstick pans, I go cheap and replace them every couple of years. While it's true they're still nonstick after that, that initial supreme slickness is gone. All nonstick coatings lose that insane slickness over time (depending on how frequently they're used) so I go cheap and replace them regularly. I can buy a set of three decent nonstick pans for around $20-$30 and pretty much always have a superbly slick pan ready to cook with. If you think your current older nonstick pan is as good as it was, buy a new one (even a cheap one) for comparision. You'll be amazed at the difference. Older pans may still be nonstick, but they lack that supreme slickness you get with a brand new pan.

Cheap pans don't cook well.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

It depends on the cheap pan and the heat applied. All a pan really does is transfer heat from one place to another. If the heat source is evenly distributed under the pan, even the cheapest pans will transfer the heat evenly to the food. If the heat source isn't evenly distributed under the pan then the thicker, more expensive pans that can distribute the heat better will cook better. My stove distributes the heat very evenly across the pan, even cheap ones, so it's not a big deal for me. Food cooks absolutely perfectly whether in one of my cheap pans or my much more expensive All Clad stainless steel pan. It might cook a tick faster in the cheaper pans as the All Clad takes a bit longer to heat through, but that's the only real difference I see.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

It depends on the cheap pan and the heat applied. All a pan really does is transfer heat from one place to another. If the heat source is evenly distributed under the pan, even the cheapest pans will transfer the heat evenly to the food. If the heat source isn't evenly distributed under the pan then the thicker, more expensive pans that can distribute the heat better will cook better. My stove distributes the heat very evenly across the pan, even cheap ones, so it's not a big deal for me. Food cooks absolutely perfectly whether in one of my cheap pans or my much more expensive All Clad stainless steel pan. It might cook a tick faster in the cheaper pans as the All Clad takes a bit longer to heat through, but that's the only real difference I see.

How often do you have to replace the average pan? The $20.00-$30.00 to replace pans adds up fast.

i have collected All-Clad pans for 20 Years.The new D5 series is nicer than my old LTD set. All the pans do a nice job getting dinner on the table.

I was tired buying pans and hoping they would last. There had to be a better way. I found a solution.

I have some larger pans from a commercial brand Update International. This is a nice brand of stainless steel products with a lower price point. I have to LOL, All Clad lids fit on these pans.