Honored Contributor

I was at Aldis yesterday and noticed in the refrigerated meat section they had meals for two that can be prepared in something like 15 minutes.  They are self contained kits so you can just grab one and start cooking when you get home.  I would have bought one and really wanted to try the chicken fajita one but they were out of that particular offering.  They had I think 4-5 different kits, one had pesto spaghetti and one I believe was something Asian.

Has anyone seen these or tried them?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Aldis 15 Minute Meals for 2

Thanks for the information.  I don't go in Aldi's a lot, but I will definitely check them out.  Just read in the newspaper this morning that Kroger's is getting into the prepped meals that you take home and cook/bake.  Trying to compete with the Blue Apron and others, the article said.  A definite market.

Respected Contributor

These would be great for me. Unfortunately, most of the prepared meals I see in stores are loaded with sodium. Too bad lower sodium meals aren’t readily available.

Honored Contributor

@susan kay what I like best about these meals is that they are priced 70% less than say Blue Apron.  I've always wanted to try a meal service but it was too expensive for me plus since it's just me it would be too much food too.

@deeva I am planning on heading to Aldis tomorrow to see what's available and will note what the sodium ranges are the meals and let you know.

Thanks ladies!

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

These would be great for me. Unfortunately, most of the prepared meals I see in stores are loaded with sodium. Too bad lower sodium meals aren’t readily available.

Yes, the food choice is good, the problem is in the seasonings & sauces.

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

@deeva That's true. 

There are so many places I don't like to eat at because their food is sooooooooo salty. Yes salt makes food taste better but they don't have to use the whole salt shaker on a meal.

Honored Contributor

I just checked the meals and for the three that were in stock the sodium is rather high (between 880-1100) so this would not be for everybody.  I didn't buy one as they didn't have the one I wanted in stock but I would still like to try the chicken fajitas if they ever get that one back in.