Trusted Contributor

Aldi's heads up

[ Edited ]

Next week, Aldi's will have a 6 qt electric pressure cooker for $40!

Contributor

I bought it two years ago and it's a great preasure cooker.You can't beat the price ! It looks like the same one they had for a value of the day a couple of weeks ago. I bought the silicone inserts the the blue jean chef came out with for making cheesecake steaming ect and it fits perfect.

Honored Contributor

@Lacey1  Thank you for the HU.  I need a pressure cooker so I'll check out Aldi's.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lacey1

Not a PC cook but always good to know in case anyone does.

Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

My area first Aldi's will not open until the end of the year. My CE  5 quart PC died last week. I'm short on cash and this would be great. I will not purchase any more CE products. I had 3 CE PC . Looked all over the Internet for repair shops or replacement parts and none available  so each one ended up in the trash. Really excited and looking forward to shopping Aldi's.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

My area first Aldi's will not open until the end of the year. My CE  5 quart PC died last week. I'm short on cash and this would be great. I will not purchase any more CE products. I had 3 CE PC . Looked all over the Internet for repair shops or replacement parts and none available  so each one ended up in the trash. Really excited and looking forward to shopping Aldi's.

Southern Bee, I too did not have good luck with CE pressure cookers but I have had great success with Aldi appliances.  They all worked well and more then withstood the test of time.

Glad to hear you will be getting an Aldi's soon, I hope you enjoy shopping there as much as I do!

Honored Contributor

@queen2000 wrote:

I bought it two years ago and it's a great preasure cooker.You can't beat the price ! It looks like the same one they had for a value of the day a couple of weeks ago. I bought the silicone inserts the the blue jean chef came out with for making cheesecake steaming ect and it fits perfect.

Do you know what the psi is on it? I found this info. online Two pressure settings: 9 and 13 PSI. I also found 5 psi low & 10 psi high. I figure for the price it's 5 & 10 psi. The lower the psi the longer it will take for it to cook. Most recipes are for the standard 15 psi.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

They will probably have the PC again next year. They get certain things through the year & have to wait until the next year to get it again. Some items they get in for a while & don't get it back in. I loved their Priano Gelato but they quit stocking it. They now stock a Belmont brand that I don't care for. You can view their ads online so you know what's available each week. Some stuff they don't put in their ad.

Honored Contributor

@Lacey1 wrote:

Next week, Aldi's will have a 6 qt electric pressure cooker for $40!

I couldn't find it. Went to their website, but, they have no search feature

Honored Contributor

This is the in store ad for September 30 for my neck of the woods:

http://weeklyads.aldi.us/Aldi/BrowseByPage/Index/?StoreID=2624284&PromotionCode=Aldi-150930HBc&Promo...

For the money, it looks like a great pressure cooker . . . Smiley Happy